We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Citizenship Resolution

Currently, we have no one who is able to process citizenship applications. However, since the Cabinet can dictate someone who can process them, I'd like the Assembly to officially appoint someone to process the apps.

Quote:The Assembly of the South Pacific,

Hereby resolves to allow citizenship duties normally assigned to the vVice Delegate to be carried out by [insert citizen 1] and [insert citizen 2] until a vice delegate is appointed.

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm assuming the above should work.

Do we have any volunteers?
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Since another resolution is already being voted on, that originally had provisions for a temporary Cabinet, is this one really necessary? I keep feeling holding two votes when one would have sufficed is unnecessary duplicity. Just add all the temporary offices to the other resolution.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

(02-04-2016, 11:47 AM)Kris Kringle Wrote: Since another resolution is already being voted on, that originally had provisions for a temporary Cabinet, is this one really necessary? I keep feeling holding two votes when one would have sufficed is unnecessary duplicity. Just add all the temporary offices to the other resolution.

The latest draft only indicates a temp delegate, not an entire Cabinet. Although, I'm assuming if it passes, I can appoint the positions as needed?

I just want to make sure we're keeping things moving.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Unless my math is incorrect (and since I am a bit tired it might well be), less than half of the term is out, so you should be able to appoint a Cabinet. In theory, there would be no need to vote on those appointments.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

The spirit of the law is more important than the letter in a time like this; I see no reason why Tsu can't just start processing them now.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

It's worth noting that to my knowledge since Hileville resigned, Imki is technically the delegate and Tsu would becomes Acting Vice Delegate. Or if Imki has resigned already 2nd highest endoed CSS is Acting VD.

I'm fine doing that, if there are no objections.

Let's just say I'm a bit concerned about overstepping my authority.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

*shrugs*

The applications need processing, someone has to do it.

I think given the extreme set of circumstances, folks would be more inclined to remember those who stepped up to keep the region going rather than those who were worried about following laws that most agree need to be updated or replaced.

At this point it's a couple of days either way; Tsu will have the legal authority to process the applications once the assembly resolution passes, so he should just start doing them now.