We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[OOC] History of The Wasterland (Future Claims)

Probably the wrong forum but Would it be alright if I claimed the Wasteland as a Colony? It shouldn't interfere with the established canon of previous rps as it would be a new colony.

I was thinking of using plot 102 as a main and another plot as a colony with my puppet the Frozen

I'm not really sure what you mean when you say canon wouldn't be affected because the plot would be a colony. What really matters if that you would need to recognise all the past history thst already happened in that plot, and work whatever idea you had for your colony around it. I'm not so sure how likely it is you could make that happen, but it would actually be pretty cool if you did. You should probably talk to Cathalea to get that history sorted out.

Then again...is The Wasteland a colony plot at all? I seems a little too big to be one.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

It isn't a colony plot, to my knowledge. But, if we can do it, it's worth a shot.
An eye for an eye just makes the whole world go blind.
~Mahatma Gandhi

Unfortunately I just found that the Wasteland is too big a plot for a colony by reading the list of available colonial plots. 

However, by making it a NEW colony as opposed to a well established colony, the history of that plot will remain intact since the colony wouldn't have any established historical events aside from the events that happened pre-colonization keeping the past events canon. I just need to coordinate with Cath to ensure that the new colony wouldn't interfere with the established lore. And because it's a new colony there would be few settlements at the start

Simply put, my idea for the Wastelans before it was rescinded was that it wouldn't be Mad Max, it would be more modern feudal/city states. IFF, if you're alright with the plot being a bunch of City States, it'll be excellent. If not, let's keep working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ProfessorHenn
Legislator

I don't mind at all, just a few questions?
would these city-states be independent or semi-autonomous?
Would they also accept colonial rule?
Are they hostile to outsiders?

I'm planning to divide the colony something akin to the EU, with several autonomous states

Why is this so hard?

Frost can have it in that specific colony, and we can assume that there's a great nation known as Sporaltryus that once existed in TSP.
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

Independent

They would fiercely fight colonial rule

At this point, they are incredibly hostile to outsiders

Best bet is to just establish a small outpost on one of the river mouths. Sporaltryans will keep you at gun's length, but you'll have a colony at the least.

ProfessorHenn
Legislator

Because it's not that simple.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

(03-06-2016, 12:36 PM)Cathalea Wrote: Independent

They would fiercely fight colonial rule

At this point, they are incredibly hostile to outsiders

Best bet is to just establish a small outpost on one of the river mouths. Sporaltryans will keep you at gun's length, but you'll have a colony at the least.

Surprisingly that works out since the tensions between Frost colonists and Sporaltryans may occasionally flare up into conflicts that may require the intervention of a third party. Which in turn creates new rp stories without retconning any of the old canon.
For example the Frost colonists "explore" and encroach upon Sporaltryan land causing the Sporaltryans to retaliate sparking a war between 2 well armed factions. The Sporaltryans can then call upon their old allies for help escalating the war and requiring the intervention of the SCO or other organization to bring both sides to the table for a negotiated settlement.