We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Renewal + Amendment to Pax Capricorn (NPO)

Hi all,

we talked to NPO (see here). As with the PfS amendment, I've prepared the statement for the Assembly below and that already has everything I would tell you all otherwise as-is,. I'm putting this here for discussion and a vote; Glen, please start a Cabinet vote on this whenever you feel is appropriate.

Quote:Fellow Legislators,

we've concluded our talks with the New Pacific Order. They were enthusiastic to renew Pax Capricorn and were also willing to remove the sunshine clause. Furthermore, we discussed the censure clause and they would have assented to removing it if we preferred, though in this draft we've opted not to.

Shoutout to our ambassador Hya, who took the lead on negotiations with my guidance and did a fantastic job.

The change is the following:
Quote:

Article VI. Sunset Provisions.

Section 1. Every twelve months following the adoption of the treaty, it must be renewed through the process laid out for the adoption of new diplomatic agreements in each region’s laws and regulations.

Section 2. The failure to renew the treaty by either party will suspend the treaty's terms for at most thirty days.

Section 3. Should the treaty not be renewed by both parties by the end of those thirty days, it is to be considered repealed for all intents and purposes.

Chairwoman, as Minister of Foreign Affairs, I hereby declare in good faith that the amendment presented above is the result of a treaty negotiation with majority executive approval for the purposes of Article VI Section 6 of the Charter of the South Pacific, and request that the corresponding assembly procedure is initiated.

-- Roavin, your friendly lampshade-wearing MoFA
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

I’ll open a vote now. I’m in favor of this amendment.

Aye
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

Aye
Midwesterner. Political nerd. Chipotle enthusiast. 
Minister of Culture of the South Pacific // Former Prime Minister

Aye

Witchcraft and Sorcery

Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense. Formerly many things in other regions. Defender. Ideologue. he/they.