We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

The remarkhyable flower that doubles as a chair is still here :)

Hi again everyone! It's Hya4Chair, round 3.

Why am I running for Chair again? Well, besides the fact that being Chair is fun, I have a few projects I'd like to complete while I'm at it.

Continuing projects from last term

Feedback surveys

Admittedly, the surveys from last term weren’t particularly useful in gaining new insights, and I probably got more joke responses than serious ones. However, I do think that people should have an avenue for anonymously submitting suggestions, questions, or complaints, should they arise. Perhaps monthly is a bit too often, so I would plan to do the surveys twice in the upcoming term (once at the beginning, and once in the middle).

Commission on Laws

To those who didn’t participate in the Commission (a.k.a. most people), it might seem like there wasn’t much done on this. However, the participants did actually compile many suggestions. Combined, there is actually quite a lot for me or the Assembly to fix! Mostly, it stalled because I didn’t complete the report compiling all of the suggestions together. However, should I be reelected, that it is something I plan to complete.

Assembly Info Thread (Including Chair and Drafting Guides)

This is something I plan to continue working on. A lot of the content will be lifted from the old info threads, with minor edits and new formatting. The two most time-consuming parts of the thread will likely be the Chair and Drafting Guides, as they will be written from scratch. I do think that they are going to be useful and will be worth the time. Do note that while I will probably be writing most of the guides, I will still be asking the Assembly for feedback on them.

Other little things I’d like to continue doing
  • Vote notification DMs
  • Welcome messages to new legislators
  • Transparency with regard to projects (continuing to update my projects thread)
  • And of course, all essential Chair duties like opening/closing votes, publishing legislator checks, moderating the Assembly, etc.

New projects/things I have planned

Revamping the Assembly Mentorship Program

Given that Phoenix is, well, proscribed from the region, she probably won’t be updating the Assembly Mentorship Program thread. I think that it does have potential to be a good resource for new legislators (especially if I advertise it as part of my welcome message to new legislators). I hope to create a new sign-up thread (potentially reworking the sign-up system a bit). As part of the revamp, I’d also create a guide for mentors, so that mentors know what to do.

Chair shadow/apprenticeship program

I think that there may be some legislators who are interested in knowing what being Chair entails, and would like to try it out (whether they want experience for potentially being Chair in the future or just want to know if the job is for them). While the Chair Guide can serve this purpose, nothing is like actually getting involved and doing the job. This program would be relatively informal, and all I’d plan to do is simply ask if there’s anyone interested in shadowing whenever there’s a vote/State of the Assembly coming up, and if there is, I’ll work with them through the entire process. This might mean that some votes take a bit longer to be put up (as I’ll need to coordinate a time where both me and the shadowing person are available), but I do hope that it’ll be worth it (by preparing more people who are ready to be future Chairs).

Increased gameside presence

I think that increasing the Assembly’s presence gameside could help get people interested in the Assembly. I would envision this happening through regular updates on what the Assembly is doing, published gameside in a dispatch. I don’t want these to be too long and fancy, just short updates to make the gameside aware that the Assembly is actually active and doing stuff.

Other miscellaneous notes

On burnout/being busy/having too many things to juggle

I’ll admit, this was somewhat of an issue for me in the last term, since I was busy with school. I probably won’t be getting a lot done in the first month or so of the next term, since I do have AP exams and am generally busy with schoolwork (which is why this campaign took so long… lol). However, I will definitely be a lot more free in the summer, so I think that will be a good time for me to really get these projects going.

Speaking of having a lot of work…

Deputies

I hope to increase the workload for my deputies in order to alleviate my own workload. While I would obviously need to discuss this with any future deputies, I could potentially assign entire projects like the Assembly Mentorship Program to a deputy. I will be asking for more deputies, should I be reelected, since I don’t want my deputies to be too overworked.

Conflict of interest disclosure

In the South Pacific, I am the Chair of the Assembly (+ participant in many ministries + legislator + citizen).

In the Rejected Realms, I am a Deputy WA Officer (+ participant in many offices + citizen).

In Inferno Stellaria, I am the Praetor of Cultural Affairs (+ participant in many departments + resident + Discord admin).

I don’t really have any “former” positions yet since I’m still an NS baby XD
[-] The following 5 users Like Purple Hyacinth's post:
  • Encaitar, Moon, Stan Melix, Tin the Free, Witchcraft and Sorcery

The fire chicken is proscribed? Sad
Local Councilroar.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Apatosaurus's post:
  • Stan Melix

(05-10-2021, 05:13 PM)Apatosaurus Wrote: The fire chicken is proscribed? Sad

She joined the dark side.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Purple Hyacinth's post:
  • Stan Melix

(05-10-2021, 08:52 PM)Purple Hyacinth Wrote:

but the fire chicken is a fire chicken, not a fire hawk! Sad
Local Councilroar.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Apatosaurus's post:
  • Stan Melix

(05-12-2021, 03:53 PM)Apatosaurus Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 08:52 PM)Purple Hyacinth Wrote:

but the fire chicken is a fire chicken, not a fire hawk! Sad

It's ok, it's just a phase, I'm sure she'll return to her chicken roots soon!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Purple Hyacinth's post:
  • Stan Melix