We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] Adding Dates to the Sunshine Act

I had written this up as a draft a while ago and never posted it. But now I'm posting it.

I think adding dates will help keep track of when Sunshine Releases are due. Saves effort on mental maths, and saving effort is always good and helps avoid inadvertent confusion.

I expect it will make slightly easier to remember when they're due. Imagine I tell you "hey, last month it was six months from my birthday!". It's gonna take you longer to remember all that (because it's not fixed to any reference point) and work out when my birthday is than if I say "hey, my birthday's in February!"

If I say "my birthday's in February", you can see "February" and be prompted to think oh, that's when the birthday is. But when there is no date attached, you see "February" and think huh, I have no mental association with this month. And then you would forget my birthday. You monster.

(Even if you don't think this is particularly convincing, it doesn't hurt to have dates on.)

Therefore. Dates.

Quote:2. Publishing of Discussions

(1) The significant discussions of an institution shall, in due time, be released for public archival accessible to all members of the South Pacific. 

(2) The release of discussions shall occur at the following times:
a. For a Cabinet term, discussions from the Cabinet shall be released no later than 6 months after the completion of that term:
i) Discussions of the February to June term are due for release in the following December.
ii) Discussions of the June to October term are due for release in the following April.
iii) Discussions of the October to February term are due for release in the following August.

b. For a High Court case, they shall be released no later than 6 months after the ruling or, if appealed, the ruling on the appeal, has been announced.
[-] The following 6 users Like Nakari's post:
  • Belschaft, Moon, Mtlaing, Penguin, Purple Hyacinth, Roavin

You called me a monster! I have to be against Crying

Jk, the amendment sounds good to me haha
[-] The following 2 users Like Purple Hyacinth's post:
  • Nakari, Rebeltopia

Sure. I am less optimistic than you are that this will do anything, as it seems like the reason Sunshine releases don’t happen is more due to Cabinet neglect or inactivity than anything. That said, sure, why not!
Minister of Foreign Affairs
General of the South Pacific Special Forces
Ambassador to Balder
Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense

[Image: rank_general.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_3.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg]

[Image: ykXEqbU.png]

This means that they may happen so sure - I can work with this :-)
This is Penguin!!
Nothing Gold Can Stay
Penguins shall one day rule the pie!
And by "pie", I mean "World"!!
Goddess Empress Queen Princess Lady of TSP 
Lilium Inter Spinas // Non timebo mala
I have done a lot of things in the Region in my History.
There's a list somewhere if you wanna go looking. 

I'll go ahead and motion this
-Griffindor/Ebonhand
-Current Roles/Positions
-Legislator 2/24/20-
-High Court Justice 6/7/20-
-South Pacific Coral Guard 11/17/20-
-Minister of Engagement 6/17/22-

-Past Roles/Positions
-Legislator 7/3/16-4/10/18
-Secretary of State 4/3/20-2/24/21

-Chair of the APC 9/24/16-5/31/17
-Vice-Chair of the APC 6/1/17-4/10/18
-Local Council Member 7/1/17-11/17/17
-Citizen 5/2012-12/2014 and  2/26/16-7/3/2016

Seconded.

This is now at vote.
[Image: koC8Gf6.png]
[Image: Sl6mZCD.png] [Image: iEwICrf.png] [Image: IL1nUV5.png] [Image: RLU6NBO.png] [Image: MbXQuqv.png]

Fredericus-Kroner supports the Lamp Lady's request
Herald from the King Louis-Ferdinand Céline of Fredericus-Kroner
Legislator of the South Pacific
Regent of the Kronerlands

This has passed.
[Image: koC8Gf6.png]
[Image: Sl6mZCD.png] [Image: iEwICrf.png] [Image: IL1nUV5.png] [Image: RLU6NBO.png] [Image: MbXQuqv.png]