We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Besern, WF v. Izaakia, UPRAN

INTERNATIONAL COURT OF THE WORLD FORUM
[2021] Federal Republic of Besern, World Forum v. The United States of Izaakia, The United Provinces of Rhayna, Alla-gy and Néa-gy
SUBMISSION 14 November 2021

Notice is given that this case has been received by the International Court and has been assigned all the necessary identifying information as follows:

DOCKET FILE NUMBER
2021A

REFERENCE NAME
Besern v. Izaakia

CHARGE
Crimes of Aggression

The petitioner and other interested parties are invited to explain the necessity of a decision on this matter. Briefs Amicus Curiae on the preferred eventual outcome of this case are not required at this time.

2021.NR | Issued 28 November 2021

Panel of Justices by country:
- Termina (presiding Justice)
- Ryccia
- Huawan
- Ikoania
- Snolland
Just call me Frost

Roleplayer,
Former member of the Pool of Justices

King of the Hill
[-] The following 3 users Like Imperial Frost Federation's post:
  • Besern, GI-Land, Hammerstar

Head Justice,
Officer of the INL.
honorable colleagues,

what is happening right now, is something the World Forum should have prevented. Sadly this organisation has failed in that regard.
Now a case is brought up against nations, who really took the endangerment of human rights and international security seriously. That some countries, like the Federal Republic of GI-Land e.g., now say, the nations should have waited for the WF, they should have only gone into the conflict with a WF mandate, is not understandable to us.
The World Forum is that: a forum. Most agreements we have created in this organisation are voluntary to abide to. 
Now the Assembly wants us to judge members, who did make use of that provision. Is that correct?

This is, what we will look for during our debate and examination of the case. How much power does the World Forum really have? And how is this power distributed between the member nations, the Assembly and the International Court? This case will be a precedent and I call for all of us, to go into the debate with open minds and not with a lean towards one or the other outcome. If we find out, that the WF has the power to bind nations to certain agreements, we of course need to administer justice and "punish", for a lack of a better word, the defendants. If we find out however, the WF does not have that power, the Assembly can of course try to change the important resolutions or even the Charter to give that power to the organisation, but it would prevent us to punish the defendants, because they only made use of their rights they have.

Thank you.

Vato Cerrorr
Judge at the International Court for the Republic of Snolland
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)
[-] The following 3 users Like GI-Land's post:
  • Hammerstar, Tin the Free, UPRAN

Honorable Justice Cerrorr,
Presiding Justice,

I do agree with the Justice to an extent. The respondent should be facing consequences if found guilty. However, I believe we are gathered here today to discuss and decide on the matter of is the petitioner's claim is true, the severity of the alleged claim, and/or if the consequences presented outweigh the actions of the respondent or not. Not if the WF has the power to "punish" the respondent. If the respondent did violate the agreed-upon rules, then the WF should have the power to "punish" the one who violates it. I believe it's in this court's interest to warrant a hearing of the case Besern v. Izaakia (2021A) as the court's duty to hear all viable disputes such as this one.

To all parties affiliated with the case,

We hope to listen to a factual oral argument by the petitioner after these opening statements. And all-around respect from all parties.

Oratiz Rus-Lovliz,
4th Justice of the International Court Case Docket No.2021A
[-] The following 2 users Like Tin the Free's post:
  • GI-Land, Hammerstar

We have collected all currently available evidence and hereby present it to the board of justices.
Furthermore we proposed actions to take against the affected party.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tyU9qhR...sp=sharing

p. 1: Summary of the Annexations of La Montagne and Brödmark
p. 2: Proposed actions
p. 3: Summary of the Izaakian-Nicholasian War
p. 4: Proposed actions
p. 5-19: Collection of Evidence
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)