We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[Discussion] Future map claiming and updating

The February map update was huge and we currently only have about 40 free plots left. There's actually a real chance that the map gets full in two or three updates. (Great to see that so many want to join our community though!)

I have had the honour and pleasure of having managed the regional map for almost four years. However, I plan to greatly reduce my updating responsibilities after the May update, or sooner. This doesn't mean I'm leaving TSP RP, but I want to focus on other things both RP-wise and AFK.

So, I would like to invite everyone interested to discuss the following.

1. How do we ensure that there are free plots so that new players can join? (Options include, but are probably not limited to changing claiming rules and opening up the new continents outside the TSP region.)

2. Replacing me as the person doing the map updates. (An obvious option is finding someone else willing to take over, but it would also be possible to make it a community effort, for example having multiple players updating the map using Google Slides.)
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

[-] The following 3 users Like Qwert's post:
  • GI-Land, Illaois, Langburn

Messages In This Thread
[Discussion] Future map claiming and updating - by Qwert - 02-21-2021, 04:09 PM