We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Interactive Map of the South Pacific

Update (July 21, 2022): the map is now live here!
I am currently working on an interactive map of the South Pacific. I previously posted a proof-of-concept on Discord. The final product will draw some inspiration from this map from the region of the Communist Bloc, but I hope to add my own improvements as well.

In order to fill in the data for this map, I'd like to request that anybody who is interested fill out this form. It may seem a bit lengthy, but the information is mostly identical to the permanent nation survey, so if you've filled that out already, it hopefully won't be too much of a hassle.

If you have multiple plots belonging to the same nation, please submit the form once for each plot but keep all information other than plot number identical. (Alternatively, feel free to ask me to do that for you, if it's too cumbersome for you Tounge) The goal of this map is to show data for each independent state, not for administrative divisions or subnational entities.

If you have multiple plots belonging to different nations, please submit the form once for each plot with the information for each nation.
[Image: flag%20of%20esfalsa%20animated.svg] Esfalsa | NationStatesWiki | Roleplay | Discord

[Image: rank_officer.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_2.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_3.min.svg]
[-] The following 6 users Like Pronoun's post:
  • GI-Land, Maverick, Nicholas and Great Britain, Phanama, Qwert, Rivers

Cool!

Filling it out, I noted there were three topics I couldn't answer due to lacking options or absent text field (says "Option 1"):

- Life expectancy at birth
- Mean years of schooling
- Expected years of schooling
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

Fixed! Sorry about that.
[Image: flag%20of%20esfalsa%20animated.svg] Esfalsa | NationStatesWiki | Roleplay | Discord

[Image: rank_officer.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_2.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_3.min.svg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pronoun's post:
  • Qwert

This form relies on nations having a pretitle, but my nation is the Valkyrian Republic, not the Republic of Valkyria, much like France.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

How do we enter the pretitle btw? Sedunn is "Kingdom of Sedunn", do I enter "Kingdom" or "Kingdom of"? Tounge
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

(07-20-2022, 04:14 PM)Jay Coop Wrote: This form relies on nations having a pretitle, but my nation is the Valkyrian Republic, not the Republic of Valkyria, much like France.

It will render as "the {Pretitle} of {Nation}" if there is a pretitle, and "{Nation}" if there is no pretitle. So if you enter "Valkyrian Republic" as the nation name, you can leave the pretitle field blank.

(07-20-2022, 04:46 PM)Qwert Wrote: How do we enter the pretitle btw? Sedunn is "Kingdom of Sedunn", do I enter "Kingdom" or "Kingdom of"? Tounge

"Kingdom" is preferred. I'll update the form to make that clearer.

[-] The following 2 users Like Pronoun's post:
  • Jay Coop, Qwert

Quick progress update! The map is now live here! Do let me know if you have any suggestions, feedback, or constructive criticism.

It defaults to my own nation for now, just because I have all the data filled in, but I promise that's temporary Tounge

I've submitted my request for plot 099. If possible apply my request to plots 023 and 021.

Done — changes aren't live yet (and yes, I do know there are some others who have submitted data on the form Tounge) but they should be up by the end of the month, which is when I'm hoping to get some other upgrades done. (Automatically pulling from form responses is still a work-in-progress at this time, unfortunately.)

Nicholas and Great Britain is in two plots but when I was doing the form for the second plot, I forgot what I put in the first one.

Two of my plots have smaller separate nations inside so do I just miss them out?