We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Geographical Naming

Several months ago the issue of naming of the continents of The South Pacific Ocean was raised, with minimal progress.

The Farengeto Cartography Office hereby reopens discussion on the issue, as well as the naming additional shared but unnamed areas. Further areas may be nominated if they meet the requirements below.

Map of nominated areas:
http://i.imgur.com/hORaGtQ.png
(Linked for space)
  • Continents:
    • Western Continent (Proposed Names: Barria, Seahorse, Inaria, Blue Whale, Bigtopia, New Alba)
    • Mid-Southwestern Landmass (Proposed Names: ExtoHardia, Brutania, Bunny, Liliputia, New Airlann)
    • Rainbow Islands (Proposed Names: Christica, Friendship Islands, Lampshade Isles, Violet Bridges)
    • Central Islands (Proposed Names: Andia)
    • Antarctic Continent (Proposed Names: Bifrost, Glacia, Ikkeirtok, Freja, AntiArts, Snowdonia, Penguin, Brutlandia, Terra Australis)
    • Northeastern Continent (Proposed Names: Dalindicam, North Ameritralia, North Antaria, Chameleon, Maxtopia, New England)
    • Southeastern Continent (Proposed Names: Nordica, South Ameritralia, South Antaria, Badger, Marche Noria, New Cymru)
  • Bodies of Water:
    • Unnamed Sea (Proposed Names: Vannin Sea)
    • Unnamed Sea (Proposed Names: Arebel Sea)
    • Unnamed Sea
    • Unnamed Lake
  • Other:
    • Unnamed Ridge

General Name Suggestions:
Sol, Emblazon, Blazon, Seyreaux, Penigal, Lyra, Edolen, Arcadia, Symphony, Sonnet, Alinora, Fudgia, Christia, Mattlandis, Nord and Bellzur

Requirements for candidacy:
  • Does not possess an internationally recognized designation
  • At least one of the following:
    • Borders or contains two or more sovereign nations
    • Exists within International Waters

I propose the the largest continent, the Western Continent, be named Barria, in honor of Max Barry.

How about the Southeastern Continent be called Nordica, in honour of Brutland and Norden. Plus its a kinda cool name. Nordica. Sounds cold!
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

I'd also like to propose the Rainbow Island be named Christica, in honor of Christie, and the Central Islands named Andia, in honor of Andrew or, as he was known on the forums, The MATT Duck. Both are NSers who helped build this region and left this world long before their time.
The Third Imperium
Journalist, South Pacific Independent News Network (SPINN)

Provost, Magisterium
Sergeant, East Pacific Sovereign Army
Journalist, East Pacific News Service

Foreign Affairs Minister, The West Pacific

I like the idea of naming continents after people who contributed to the region.
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

I'd like to propose the Northeastern Continent be named Dalindica in honor of LadyRebels, as she was known on the forum, the first Delegate of the Coalition, as well. I'd love to name the rest of the continents after The Shaft and Caer Rialis, two other historic delegates, but it may be awkward if they ever decide to come back...
The Third Imperium

Provost, Magisterium

Names from this thread and cached threads from the old forums have been compiled into the OP. Naming process remains TBD.

I Propose naming the Unnamed Ridge "The Insurmountably Tall and Massive Picket Fence of the Titans"
"Liberty is the Gate and the Key to Prosperity"
My threads:
Philosophers Corner
The Ice-creamist Movement for Peaceful Unification of Desserts

(04-06-2014, 04:57 AM)God-Emperor Wrote: I propose the the largest continent, the Western Continent, be named Barria, in honor of Max Barry.

(04-06-2014, 09:27 AM)God-Emperor Wrote: I'd also like to propose the Rainbow Island be named Christica, in honor of Christie, and the Central Islands named Andia, in honor of Andrew or, as he was known on the forums, The MATT Duck. Both are NSers who helped build this region and left this world long before their time.

This!!
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

Thanks for the vote of confidence.
The Third Imperium

Provost, Magisterium