We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Rules of Bantam Harbour

Given recent problems among posters due to the separation between IC and OCC and the length and detail of some posts, here are some simple rules that everyone is encouraged to follow, in order to keep Bantam Harbour a friendly and enjoyable place for our roleplaying:
  • Our Forum Moderation Policy is still the main source of moderation, and should always be consulted when posting.
  • It is the right of the original poster to establish rules over their roleplay regarding the following:
    • Use of one-liners
    • OOC posts or establishment of a separate OOC thread
    • Restricting participation to certain users
  • Posts that break thread rules may be removed upon request.
What does this mean?
It means that the person who creates a thread has the right to decide the conditions under which their roleplay is held, without different people arguing over the appropriateness of one-liners or the necessity of separate IC and OOC threads. Forum Moderation will honour the wishes of the OP, removing posts that break the rules they establish for their own threads.

Note:
Bad RP is not against the rules. This means that the following should not be reported, and will not be acted upon if reported: godmodding, OOC posting in threads without rules, bad grammar or orthography.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

#freeBantamHabour
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

I call for a poll.
I would demand, but I'm not in the mood.
Darkstrait  :ninja:

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

"Hats is very fashion this year."

[-] The following 1 user Likes Darkstrait's post:
  • TheBig0tt0

The rules are already there and are not going to change. If you do not want to have rules in your threads then there is a simple solution: don't establish them. However, you do need to follow the rules of other threads. Simple as that.
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

No Tory rules here!

All in favor of waging an RP war against Kringle say aye. Smile
Darkstrait  :ninja:

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

"Hats is very fashion this year."

Aye Smile

In full support of these rules.

I support them as well, but I think it should be required to state those rules when creating a new RP thread and that not doing so means it is free.
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

(01-19-2015, 06:34 PM)Qwert Wrote: I think it should be required to state those rules when creating a new RP thread and that not doing so means it is free.

That is the idea.

Legal Resources: