We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Creation of a Watch List

I tentatively propose the creation of a Watch List, upon which we put the names of known security threats, so our allies can check the list when deciding whether to grant citizenship.
Perhaps, if we could negotiate it, we could set up an Interregional Watch List where all regions within an alliance or group (i.e. all Pacific regions) can post the names and pseudonyms of known criminals.
Darkstrait  :ninja:

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

"Hats is very fashion this year."

This is a really good idea; it's difficult for the VD if they aren't an experienced gameplayer to follow the citizen apps.

Uni, if we were to implement this, how would we want to go about it? A new law?

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

Most regions have their own security procedures and protocols as well as watch-lists. What TSP needs is an internal one for the Vice-Delegate.

(03-06-2015, 12:45 PM)Darkstrait Wrote: Uni, if we were to implement this, how would we want to go about it? A new law?

You could do a resolution and allow people to update the resolution as a list.

Raven, could you ask around and see if any other regions want to create an Interregional watch list?

I think an interregional watch list would be too political of an affair and that politicization could keep us from having the people on the list we need on the list.

Essentially that ^

Plus, if every feeder/sinker published their "Persona non Grata" list, several people in this region would not react well. I do recall The North Pacific declaring Unibot Persona Non Grata about six months ago or something.

Here's a work in progress; I've filled it out with the names of The Empire, the leads of Brave Little Toaster, Frak and those who worked on the Milograd coup and have a long history of doing stuff like that. Plus Gov, just because. There's a few more names that come to my head; but they'd be a bit more politically sensitive...

Quote:
The South Pacific Watchlist
03/2015
Preamble

This list shall be compiled and maintained by the Assembly as an advisory list for the Vice Delegate and those entrusted with the role of reviewing citizenship applications. 

Note: This document is neither exhaustive, nor contractually binding on the discretion of the Vice Delegate.

Article 1 - The Watchlist

1. The following individuals are regarded as constituting a threat to The South Pacific, a harassing influence to others or otherwise have a repeated history of attaining political membership with malicious intent:
  • Belschaft.
  • Biyah.
  • Dalimbar.
  • Frak.
  • Gaspo.
  • Govindia.
  • Jakker.
  • JAL, also known as Durkadurkastan II.
  • Mallorea and Riva.
  • Neenee.
  • Nevadar.
  • New Kervoskia.
  • Todd McCloud.

Maybe we should treat it like National Treasure two. The list is passed from Vice-Delegate to Vice-Delegate and updated along the way. It'd be better not to codify it though. Last thing we need is people using it to settle grudges.