We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Meet the Governemnt Interview Hopolis

Punchwood: Ok then. When you joined TSP did you want to join the Court?

Hopolis: Nope! Honestly, I thought my total involvement would be limited to voting in elections and participating in Aram's World Rankings thread.

Punchwood: When Kris nominated you what were your immediate thoughts?

Hopolis: Does 'Why me?' count?

Punchwood: I guess so.

Hopolis: More seriously, I had to think about whether I was prepared to make the time commitment and if I thought I could actually make a positive contribution to TSP as a Justice I'm also a bit of a windmill tilter, a Donna Quixote if you like , so the thought of helping improve the system was attractive.

Punchwood: Yes, we saw that when you came up with a Compromise Bill. You are quite new to TSP yet you're a member of the Court how does that make you feel?

Hopolis: Slightly overawed. Very proud. Determined not to let TSP or the other Justices down. Probably irritatingly eager as well but you'd have to ask the other Justices on that point!

Punchwood: I think we will. How do you feel about South Pacific laws (our laws not to be confused with the region South Pacific) Would you change any of them if you could?

Hopolis: I think TSP has a sound legal framework and what actually needs changing is the delivery of a set of procedures (which the Court is working on). I would like to review in the assembly as a citizen the rules relating to prohibited groups etc as I think it could be better worded.

Punchwood: Now then if you could be in charge of TSP of a day and your word was law what would you do? Being an evil Dictator is perfectly allowed.

Hopolis I would mandate that everyone must be most excellent to one another! (I'm an 80s movie freak as well!)

Punchwood: I agree, we should talk about this later.... Last few questions. What do you hope to achieve as a Justice?

Hopolis: I would like to see a set of Court procedures put to the assembly, arrangements for a proper mock court procedures for RP opportunities and some general administrative housekeeping improvements. I think we will achieve all of that before the May elections.

Punchwood: Talking about elections do you want to be re-elected as a Justice? Or do you want to join the ranks of the Cabinet? Or neither?

Hopolis: Honestly at this point I'm not sure. I never really aspired to office so I'm not really laden down with expectations! And I'm not unhappy with the current Cabinet either. I think it will be a case of seeing how I'm enjoying being a Justice in the run-up to the elections and weighing up my options.

Hopolis: I do as one of the 'newer' intake to TSP that Kris I think made reference to in respect of Darkstrait's candidacy for MoA think I have some responsibility to help encourage other new members to participate. Maybe Justice and then part of a Darkstrait / Hopolis ticket for the delegacy later on? KIDDDING!!! I should add I'm a big support of TSU's delegacy!!!!

Punchwood: If there was an election now for both Cabinet and High Court who do you think would be elected.

Hopolis: If there was an election now for Cabinet and High Court I think we'd largely see the same people returned. Simply because the special elections were so recently for High Court.

Punchwood: Well this isn't Resident Spotlight but I think I should ask you this Cake or Pie?

Hopolis: Cake. Is that even a real question? Pie is an abomination and pie eaters should be driven from the region!

Punchwood: Well thank you for your time Hopolis this was a lot of fun! 

Hopolis: Thank you! It was surprisingly fun!

Punchwood: Don’t say that!

Interviewer: Punchwood

Interviewee: Hopolis

Date of Interview: 17th of February  2015
Editor: Punchwood

[b]Please note: Nothing has been edited, excepted the colour of the text. Saddly all smiles have been deleted Sad   [/b]
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice
[-] The following 1 user Likes Punchwood's post:
  • Argenistan

WHAAT? Hopolis is an anti-pieist? Sorry, Hop, you just lost my vote. Smile
Well not really, but... I mean, it's PIE! How could you not love it?
Darkstrait  :ninja:

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

"Hats is very fashion this year."

Cake yay!

This was a fun interview!

Questions I would add:

Lady Hopolis, favorite color?
What is your spirit animal (like your Patronus)?
Favorite song\TV show\movie?

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

Is this thread's title correct? Because I'm not so sure.
The Lord of Space and Protector of the TARDIS Keys of
The Solar System Scope

(03-19-2015, 07:52 PM)Darkstrait Wrote: WHAAT? Hopolis is an anti-pieist? Sorry, Hop, you just lost my vote. Smile
Well not really, but... I mean, it's PIE! How could you not love it?

Because Cake is better? Tounge

In my defence I did suggest a Pie-Cake Delegate ticket! Angel

(03-19-2015, 09:34 PM)Escade Wrote: Cake yay!

This was a fun interview!

Questions I would add:

Lady Hopolis, favorite color?
What is your spirit animal (like your Patronus)?
Favorite song\TV show\movie?

Good to see another Cakist! I knew I had a good feeling about you!  :wink:

My favourite colour is Blue, though I favour the lighter blues.

My spirit animal is... tough one. I adore cats but you can't count on a cat in an emergency to save you from Deatheaters! My nations animal is a Otter which comes from a misreading of a 19th century census form which appeared to indicate I was not ape descended but rather otter descended (it actually read 'ostler' but the handwriting was awful in my defence). However, I'm going to go with a badger. Sooooooooooooooooooo cute.  :hehe!:

And in order...

Stutter by Elastica or Sunshine on a Rainy Day by Zoe

Varies on my mood but in the top five you'll always find... Buffy or Chuck

Varies on my mood but in the top five you'll always find... Silent Running or a John Hughes movie (prolly Ferris Bueller's Day Off)

All credit to Punchwood for making it a fun interview!  :hehe!:

(03-24-2015, 10:52 AM)The Solar System Scope Wrote: Is this thread's title correct? Because I'm not so sure.

I've never considered myself a government member but being a justice does mean I'm part of the machinery of government I guess.