We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Formal Petition: Sunshine Law Release

Formal Petition
Sunshine Law Release Request

Article 6.4 of the Code of Laws reads:
Quote:4. The Cabinet may publish its discussions at earlier intervals if it wishes or has been petitioned to do so by a Citizen.

I hereby submit this petition for the release of Cabinet discussions relating to the following items:

Operation Brave Toaster - Any and all discussion which resulted in the release of this Cabinet Statement.
It is my belief that the release of these discussions will allow for the region to gain better insight into the lack of Criminal proceedings against those involved.

Independence and Regional Sovereignty Conferences - Any and all discussion which resulted in the release of this Cabinet Statement.
The release of these discussions will allow the region to gain better insight into what led up to the Cabinet's decision to not host the Independence Conference with out Ally Europeia.

Removal of Belschaft's Citizenship on Security Grounds - Any and all discussion which resulted in the release of this Cabinet Statement.
The release of these discussions will allow for the region to see the reasoning behind the decision to use for the first time the Cabinet power to expel Citizens based on Security Grounds.  This will also allow for the Assembly to better discuss the merits of this law and if any changes need to be enacted to better protect the rights of Citizens.

I hope for a speedy and favorable response from the Cabinet

Hileville

Can the Cabinet please acknowledge they have seen this?

I will back your petition.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

"Independence and Regional Sovereignty Conferences - Any and all discussion which resulted in the release of this Cabinet Statement.
The release of these discussions will allow the region to gain better insight into what led up to the Cabinet's decision to not host the Independence Conference with out Ally Europei"

Why is this being rushed? Disclosure is supposed to occur in a month on it anyways; there are no internal discussions in the Assembly ongoing about the Independence or Regional Sovereignty Conferences - and your biased wording ("decision to not host the Independence Conference with out Ally Europei [sic]") implies your intention for the discussion here is more about opening up a propaganda opportunity for the recent General Elections than it is about something honest. While regional security is a pressing discussion at the moment, the Independence Conference is an old matter that hasn't come up in the Assembly.

When it's pretty obvious you're mud-racking here, I really question the appropriateness of yourself as Election Commissioner. We need someone who will serve honestly and fairly in such a position, not someone with a political vendetta to force upon the region.

(03-20-2015, 01:57 PM)Hileville Wrote: Can the Cabinet please acknowledge they have seen this?

This has been seen. We will discuss it. It might take a while, so please bear with us.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

(03-20-2015, 03:25 PM)Unibot Wrote: "Independence and Regional Sovereignty Conferences - Any and all discussion which resulted in the release of this Cabinet Statement.
The release of these discussions will allow the region to gain better insight into what led up to the Cabinet's decision to not host the Independence Conference with out Ally Europei"

Why is this being rushed? Disclosure is supposed to occur in a month on it anyways; there are no internal discussions in the Assembly ongoing about the Independence or Regional Sovereignty Conferences - and your biased wording ("decision to not host the Independence Conference with out Ally Europei [sic]") implies your intention for the discussion here is more about opening up a propaganda opportunity for the recent General Elections than it is about something honest. While regional security is a pressing discussion at the moment, the Independence Conference is an old matter that hasn't come up in the Assembly.

When it's pretty obvious you're mud-racking here, I really question the appropriateness of yourself as Election Commissioner. We need someone who will serve honestly and fairly in such a position, not someone with a political vendetta to force upon the region.

Really?   I have no political vendetta.  I wasn't really around for this and what I have read just raises more questions.  We still have 2 months until this is scheduled to be released and there does not have to be an Assembly discussion for someone to request an early release.  I have no ulterior motive and simply want answers to questions that I have.  I feel the best way to get those answers is to see the threads in question.

Serving as an EC does not disallow you the opportunity to actively participate in questioning the Candidates.  I have just as much right as any other Citizen in this regard.

I'm honestly surprised it took you this long to question my serving as an EC.  We all know you questioned my appointment as Deputy MoFA.

Thank you, Kris.  I just wanted to make sure this was seen. 

Please guys. The Cabinet is discussing this and will have an answer soon. Can we avoid the whole drama and confrontation part?
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

(03-20-2015, 03:25 PM)Unibot Wrote: When it's pretty obvious you're mud-racking here, I really question the appropriateness of yourself as Election Commissioner. We need someone who will serve honestly and fairly in such a position, not someone with a political vendetta to force upon the region.

Unibot, are you suggesting Hileville's request for information releases will make him untrustworthy of tallying votes in the upcoming election?

How did you reach this conclusion?

Actually, what I'm more interested in knowing is that is the information is shared only with Hileville or everyone in the Assembly? Would I have to make my own request for some of the information?

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

Should the petition be granted, the threads in question would be made publicly available in the Archives section.

Legal Resources: