We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Resolution to Call for a Special Election
Information 
My dear lovely TSPers,

I would like to hereby request for a resolution for a special election for the position of Minister of Foreign Affairs in the South Pacific.

Due to the recent election mishaps in which:

1. The incumbent Vice Delegates, since 11/2014, did not keep the administrators up to date on the citizenship list and therefore elections begin with the administrators and EC using an outdated list.

2. The Election Commissioner who clearly knew of the outdated list did not seek to rectify the matter at the outset of the elections by following common sense and asking for an updated list. Instead the EC waited until the end of the election. In fact I must ask, Railana voted on 03-22-2015, 09:31 PM (http://thesouthpacific.x10.mx/thread-2049-page-4.html ). Why did the EC wait until post election to determine the validity of his citizenship? Why did he not address this issue earlier and therefore create an even playing field?

3. Furthermore, the heretofore unprecedented actions of the Election Commissioner in taking an action that has never been enacted and is indeed not permissible in other regions such as TNP - by invalidating citizenship of one individual to determine the election in favor of a candidate they are supporting.

I had discussed this issue with the EC and it seemed that the best option was to re-open nominations and restart the election. This was a fair and just option that would allow for you, each TSP citizen, to make informed decisions rather then an EC overstepping their bounds to a magnitude that - if this precedent holds - would pave the way for future ECs to invalidate candidates and voters on whim.

If you have faith in the democratic process then you will support the call for a Special Election.  In TSP we have always favored the rights of many over the dictatorial decisions of one person. 

Thank you for considering my words and please show me your support and your faith in our region and its members. 

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

Against.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Against. The EC did what as necessary.
An eye for an eye just makes the whole world go blind.
~Mahatma Gandhi

Sorry, but against.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

As it was I who made the EC and VD aware of the matter regarding voting and citizenship before all of this started, I believe the EC did what was necessary and that there was no political benefit for the EC. If I hadn't brought the matter to light it would have gone completely unnoticed. I take full responsibility for Hileville's actions. I would also like to point out that I voted for GR and that there was no benefit personal or political for me causing this.

I am against this resolution.

I think there is considerable doubt about the actions of the EC. He has purposefully contorted the judicial system to make it impossible to determine whether his actions were permissible or not.

We need a special election to clear the air and deliver a real mandate to whomever wins.

For all this "considerable doubt", Glen, the four posts above yours certainly don't show it.

I will again argue that a Special Election cannot be had without first recalling Wolf. He has been announced the winner and is set to take office on 4/1.

(03-25-2015, 03:12 PM)ProfessorHenn Wrote: Against.

You don't want this to happen because you are worried you will lost your job.
(03-25-2015, 03:19 PM)FederationOfTheRK Wrote: Against. The EC did what as necessary.
No the EC was corrupt and did something illegal.

I will be fully backing this I want to see democracy delivered.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

I don't care about my position, as I am still a General of the SPSF.

What I care about is making sure that people can accept the results of the election. GR, Escade, and Unibot are clearly trying to get Wolf out of office and GR into office.