We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Opinion on Israel

I would like to spark a discussion on Israel. I think that the United States has not been doing enough for Israel, our only democratic ally in the Middle East, during the Obama Administration.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

We need to pull back. Palestine should be its own country.

~Professor Henn, Hardcore Leftist, Totally not a Dinosaur

Palestine can be its own country, but it's head by a terrorist organization.

My History

If Israel decides to let Palestine free, then I would accept them 100%(both Israel and Palestine). But Palestine's leaders are a little...off(Hamas is a terrorist organization, and although Fatah is meh-ish, I once saw a video that the West Bank actually praised a terrorist attack on Israeli land).
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

(06-05-2015, 06:04 PM)ProfessorHenn Wrote: We need to pull back. Palestine should be its own country.

No, we should push forward. What will happen to our ally if they are destroyed by kebab?
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

And what would happen to Palestine if it's destroyed by Israelis?

(06-05-2015, 06:46 PM)ProfessorHenn Wrote: And what would happen to Palestine if it's destroyed by Israelis?

I support an independent Palestine. But we also need to help our ally. And the way is through telling them to give independence to Palestine(USA is known for influencing lots of countries. Why don't we do the same with Israel?). Then, everyone is happy(except Israel) and there we go.

But what kind of country are we if we don't support our democratic ally? Wouldn't we be assholes? And I don't want a mass slaughter of israelis done by kebab.

I would say the same about what would happen if Iran destroyed Israel.

My History

Yeah.

Je hate Iran. They are planning nuclear bomb.

Alas, the main reason why I don't support it is because we're thinking we are defending against terrorists. We need to be fighting for the people of both nations.