We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Appointment for Citizenship Apps

Hi all —

Just wanted to make this official. As the only member of the Cabinet currently, I've asked Drugged Monkeys to start processing our citizenship apps in lieu of a Vice Delegate. And, DM has graciously accepted the role, so I hope we can start processing citizens ASAP.

I'll give you posted with other news and appointments as they happen.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Could you clarify under what law provision this appointment was made?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Charter Article 1, Section 2.10:

Quote:10. If the Vice Delegate position is vacant, the Cabinet may designate a member to perform the above duties.

I'm asking a member of the Assembly to process them since we're in a situation where I'm the only Cabinet member. Since we're in a bit of uncharted territory, here I'm hoping that is acceptable to all.

If not, since I wholly make up the Cabinet, I'll appoint myself and process them.

Please let me know which you'd prefer.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

I'm...pretty sure that clause means a member of the Cabinet. I really don't mean to make a fuzz about this, I'm just saying how I think we've always interpreted that clause.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

I think it's meant to be a cabinet member, but Tsu can just appoint DM to the Cabinet to solve that issue.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

2. Vacancies in office occur when the office holder resigns, is recalled, or no longer holds citizenship. In the event of a vacancy in office a special election will begin within 72 hours of the office becoming vacant, unless the vacancy occurs in the month prior to the start of the term for the position in question; in this case the Cabinet will appoint a Citizen to fill the vacated position for the remainder of the term.
Semi-Unretired

We could also just approach this from a common sense perspective, acknowledge that we need to process citizenship applications before the elections, and agree not to tie ourselves in a legislative knot.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

My original resolution is looking better and better by the day Tounge

(02-10-2016, 01:13 PM)sandaoguo Wrote: My original resolution is looking better and better by the day Tounge

That's for that Glen. I really appreciate the snarky comments.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

I'm just trying to find the humor in how we constantly pass laws with huge unintended holes in them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk