We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] Government Island Library - Foreign Policy Statements

A building covered in white marble stretches across a street adjacent to Swanson Avenue. Inside, a tall man in a black suit was walking down a large hall, countless books on both sides. He was holding a folder filled with papers, documents sent by foreign governments. As one of the largest repositories of legal and historical documents, the Government Island Library housed more than a million records, most supplied by governments that willingly contributed to the task of creating a faithful records of events in Pacifica.

What documents was the man carrying? As he approached his office, their contents would soon be revealed.

Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

26 April 2016

Kringalia expresses its concern over the state of the free press in Tryus, in light of recent news that a Sporal journalist has been banned from reporting within its territory.

As both Sporal and Tryus recover from their recent instability, we believe that a democracy and openness towards the world are the best ways of guaranteeing progress for their people. In that sense, Kringalia hopes that Tryus will reconsider its position and allow for the free operation of international press in its territory.

Miranda Folliero
Secretary of Foreign Affairs
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

A 27th of April, 2016 Press Release from Executive Qvait

After taking a close examination of the situations developing in Farengeto and the former Sporaltryus, President Margaret Harrison has stated that Qvait will remain neutral in both situations and has urged calmness and restraint from all parties involved. Now twenty-seven days into the new Administration, President Harrison plans to keep her promise of bringing an era of peace and prosperity to Qvait. As such, Qvait will remain neutral in these two situations and will not provide any assistance to any one party. However, should either situation become a threat to the integrity of Qvait, our nation will not hesitate to intervene.

Robert Miltress
Executive Qvait Press Secretary
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

Statement from Prime Minister Tatham of the Farengeto Third Republic - Kylon, 28/04/2016

We stand on the brink of war. A year ago, as our nation stood divided amidst the May Crisis, we traded our democracy for a tyrany. We stood by as he stripped away our democracy and dismantled the opposition to his growing power, but we were content in his promises of order and a better future. He even gave us the illusion of democracy, but behind it sat our new dictator with his supreme power. Now in his moment of weakness our new dictator seeks to purge the last remnants of our democracy.

Rey accuses me of attempting to overthrow him, yet it is clearly him who wanted to overthrow me. Though my dissatisfaction with General Rey was hardly a secret, I knew nothing of the attempt on his life. Nor am I or my party to blame for the attack on Parliament; that barbarous act could have been ordered only by Rey himself, in horrific attempt to slander me. I still don't know how many of his claims of the past year were part of his lies.

Many of my friends and former colleagues still remain imprisoned on treasonous charges. As I speak armies loyal to Rey march upon this city to stop us and destroy our democracy. But we cannot stand by as our freedoms are stolen by this tyrant. Not all in our military are content to follow him, and today with the Governors of Kylon and Caphias we will stand against the true traitor to this nation. We will fight Rey and we will bring democracy back to our Farengeto!

A 28th of April, 2016 Press Release from Executive Qvait

After being assured on the 18th of April by Chancellor Ottov Rasmick of Sporal that groups refusing to rejoin the Union would be treated with behavior consistent with democracy, President Margaret Harrison has expressed disappointment upon being notified that Sporal troops attacked the Free City of Erantor. After sending three invitations to the leaders of Tryus to meet, President Margaret Harrison will continue to press for that meeting. It is her intent to broker peace in the region while remaining neutral in the conflict. The President does not want war to break out in the greater region that serves as a home for the people of Qvait, Hammerstar, Karnetvor, Kringalia, the Resentine Kingdom, and the former Sporaltryus.

Robert Miltress
Executive Qvait Press Secretary
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

[Image: PGBRdZJ.jpg]

Greetings to who it may concern,

It has come to our attention that Sporal meant that it will re-unify what was once known as Sporaltryus with blood. They have showed that in their illegitimate, baseless and barbaric attack on the Free City of Erantor, a peaceful, innocent city attacked by Sporal. And we fear that other states in the region will suffer a similar or same fate as Erantor.

We will not take this lightly.

As of 7:30 AM, 04/29/16, the Union will put into effect an economic embargo on Sporal. All assets will be frozen, business is forbidden, and only humanitarian aid will be allowed to be traded. We will not allow trade with barbaric nations like Sporal, and we will raise this case in the SCO very soon. 

We will propose an army of peacekeepers to handle the situation if it escalates into chaos. 

We will not allow history's mistakes to be repeated again.

Signed,

Alexis Minister
Minister of Foreign Federal Affairs
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

Official Message from the Federal Republic of Karnetvor

After carefully observing the events in Farengeto, Karnetvor urges calmness and restraint to the parties involved. It is our opinion that the present situation must be solved by dialogue between the parties involved, in order to avoid more conflict. We as a nation had to endure almost two years of civil war from 2011-2013, and we do not wish anyone to experience the same horrors.

Josef Kyrzinski
Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Federal Republic of Karnetvor
RandomGuy199
Representative of the Federal Republic of Karnetvor
Resident Venezuelan/Lampshade Bar & Grill Manager- The South Pacific
Soldier, South Pacific Special Forces

"You're talkin' to the Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin', wheelin' n' dealin', limousine ridin', jet flyin', son of a gun, and I'm having a hard time keeping these alligators down!"

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair

Document grouping: Hammerstarian documents

"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

The Supreme General, Reginald LeClés was quite hesitant to put the document in the library. For one it doesn't release an information to nations in The South Pacific, but those outside the continent that has been in contact with Hammerstar. Second it is quite sensitive information, however noting that is has been declassified since the reform back in 1990. He decided to put this document as well.

"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains