We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Declassified: Resolution of Empire Concern

Quote:Understanding the sensitive and concerning nature of around potential Empire activity in the region, the Council on Regional Security and Belschaft has mutually come to the following agreement  as a show of good faith from all parties.

For the next year, Bel will drop his endorsement count in the region to roughly 70% of the endorsement cap and will refrain from running for or being appointed to any government position, beyond a citizen and legislator.

This agreement will be binding once signed below by the Prime Minister and Legislator Belschaft.

How's this?
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Sounds good to me

What's this exactly? o.O
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

(03-24-2017, 08:27 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: What's this exactly? o.O

An agreement with Bel, basically handing down a punishment of a 1 year office ban and an lower endo cap. It was more useful when we weren't sure the Security Powers Act was going to be pass. But it basically allows the CRS and Bel to be seen as reaching a common understanding. A plea deal, essentially.

Quote:Understanding the sensitive and concerning nature of around potential Empire activity in the region, the Council on Regional Security and Belschaft has mutually come to the following agreement as a show of good faith from all parties.

For one year from the date enacted, Belschaft will drop his endorsement count in the region to roughly 70% of the endorsement cap and will refrain from running for or being appointed to any government position. Belschaft is free to remain a soldier in the SPSF and a legislator..

This agreement will be binding once signed below by the Prime Minister and Legislator Belschaft.

Rewrite to be more specific. Check changes in green.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Let's get this out there and signed off.

Err, I don't accept Bel's version of history. That seems like an unnecessary undercutting of our own power and legitimacy, basically saying we completely overreacted and buying into the "CRS is incompetent" line Bel, Imki, etc are now pushing

This is a plea agreement, to give Bel a lesser sentence than we could most definitely seek under the new law. It's not to let him save face or give him cover or to apologize to him.

I prefer the original version.

This is Bel's preferred wording.

Quote:Understanding the sensitive and concerning nature of potential Empire activity in the region, the Council on Regional Security and Belschaft has mutually come to the following agreement as a show of good faith from all parties. The CRS acknowledges Belschaft's status as a SPSF Intelligence Official reporting to the Minister of Military Affairs, whilst Belschaft acknowledges the CRS' concerns relating to a failure to communicate information arising from such. There is no evidence to suggest that Belschaft is, was, or has ever been a member of or agent of the group known as Empire, or any evidence suggesting that Belschaft has engaged in illegal or criminal activity in relation to this matter.

For the remainder of 2017, Belschaft will endeavour to keep his endorsement count in the region to roughly 70% of the endorsement cap and will not seek election to any government position regulated by the Elections Act.

This agreement will be binding once signed below by the Prime Minister and Legislator Belschaft, and is considered by the CRS to be a final resolution of this matter.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Lol no, not at all. It's suddenly gone from 1 year to 9 months. From any position to only LC and Cabinet elected positions. And he's demanding we let him stay as "SPSF Intelligence Official" (which we haven't ever authorized in the first place), and say every aspect of our investigation was wrong.

He's trolling you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, I just posted this on Discord, but let's sign off on this here. I think we ask Bel to sign on to this; I'll backchannel that if he doesn't like this wording, the CRS is planning to impose these restrictions indefinitely. If he doesn't sign onto this, then we use the Security Act to impose them until further notice.

Quote:Understanding the sensitive and concerning nature of around potential Empire activity in the region, the Council on Regional Security and Belschaft has mutually come to the following agreement as a show of good faith from all parties.

For one year from the date enacted, Belschaft will drop his endorsement count below 150 and will refrain from running for or being appointed to any government position. Belschaft is free to remain a soldier in the SPSF and a legislator..

-tsunamy
[forum admin]