We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Legislator Activity Requirements

The system we use for legislator activity is overly complicated, requiring meticulous and continuous record-keeping and the visualization of votes just to conduct a simple activity check. This is ultimately a game, and checking to see if somebody's active shouldn't be arduous math problem.

I propose the following amendment, which is likely more generous than the current activity requirements, and also vastly more simple to count and understand.

Amendment to Article IV, Section 4 of the Charter Wrote:4. Continued legislator status requires active membership and good behavior. Within the first week of each calendar month, the Chair will remove legislator status from any person absent for three non-concurrent Assembly votes more than half of all votes finished in the previous calendar month; legislators who have an approved leave of absence from the Chair shall not be considered absent. Additionally, the Chair may suspend privileges for disruptive members. Frequent suspensions may be grounds for ineligibility, if found appropriate in a fair trial by the High Court.

100% support.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

Yup. Works for me.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

If only we had this when I was CoA. Full support of course.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

I agree.
-Griffindor/Ebonhand
-Current Roles/Positions
-Legislator 2/24/20-
-High Court Justice 6/7/20-
-South Pacific Coral Guard 11/17/20-
-Minister of Engagement 6/17/22-

-Past Roles/Positions
-Legislator 7/3/16-4/10/18
-Secretary of State 4/3/20-2/24/21

-Chair of the APC 9/24/16-5/31/17
-Vice-Chair of the APC 6/1/17-4/10/18
-Local Council Member 7/1/17-11/17/17
-Citizen 5/2012-12/2014 and  2/26/16-7/3/2016

This seems reasonable, but I hope activity checks in their current form will still be conducted while they remain part of the law?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Full support

Seems reasonable. We don't want the Chair so burdened with activity checks that they have trouble getting other, more important things done.

(03-27-2017, 10:10 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: This seems reasonable, but I hope activity checks in their current form will still be conducted while they remain part of the law?

Glen granted a leave of absence to all legislators earlier. So, no, they're not being done. Tounge

That seems wrong.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Full support.
Chief Supervising Armchair