We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Invitation to the Empress and Grand Minister of Pax Dracon to Grovne

Government Office of Sedunn

Grovne
2017-04-27

Invitation to Grovne, Sedunn

Your Highness Empress Hestia Drakar V, Excellency Grand Minister Octavian Viranius,

First of all, let me congratulate You and the Imperium of Pax Dracon on taking the step towards greater involvement abroad. Sedunn is of course curious about the Imperium and its plans for the future, and I would be very honoured to be given the opportunity to introduce Sedunn to You. I would therefore like to invite Your Highness and Your Excellency to the capital of Sedunn, Grovne, at any time of Your convenience.

Eagerly awaiting Your response,

[Image: korl4YC.png]

Vimmru II
King of Sedunn
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

[-] The following 1 user Likes Qwert's post:
  • Pax Dracon

[Image: sigil_goroth.png]

To His Majesty King Vimmru II,

We are honored to accept your invitation to your nation.  It is our fondest hope that Pax Dracon can come to view the Kingdom of Sedunn as friends and allies for many years to come.  We look forward to meeting you in person, Your Highness, and will embark on the first flight available. And to show that we can be trusted, we will not bring any armed guards to this historic event.

Walk in Peace,

Hestia Drakar V
Empress Hestia Drakar V

Octavian Viranius
Grand Minister Octavian Viranius

As the plane soared over the ocean to the Eastern Continents, Empress Hestia took a moment to look out the window at the clouds and sea below.  To say she was excited was to make the understatement of the millennium; she was completely ecstatic!  It would be the first formal meeting between the Imperium and another nation in almost two thousand years, and she was determined to make the most of the opportunity to learn from these strangers.

When she turned away from the window and brought down its shade, she could see Grand Minister Octavian feverishly going through the paperwork he brought with him for diplomatic purposes.  Chuckling, she plucked the documents from the older man's hands.  "I am certain matters of the Senate can wait for little bit, Octavian."

"Your Majesty," he calmly said despite his surprise, "Would it behoove you to give those back to me?  This is a serious matter.  We cannot risk turning this visit to the... what was called again?"

"The Kingdom of Sedunn, old friend."

He nodded, "Ah, thank you.  Now where was I...?  Oh, yes:  We cannot risk turning this visit to the Kingdom of Sedunn into a diplomatic blunder!  We have just arrived on the world stage and we have no allies yet!"

Hestia gave a placating gesture.  "Calm down, Grand Minister.  This is merely a formal invitation for a State Visit, not a treaty negotiation.  You need to be willing to relax for at least a little while."  The elderly statesman sighed, conceding to the point of his friend and Empress.

Suddenly the loudspeaker came on.  "Your Imperial Majesty, your Excellency," the pilot called through the faint hiss of static, "I beg you both for pardon, but please fasten your seat belts.  We are approaching Grovne International Airport in less that three minutes."

"What is going on here? Put back that hedgehog immediately!" King VImmru's smile got wider as he nailed his impression of his old platoon leader from his military service.

"It's freezing. What would you have me do, lieutenant?" Colonel Servittallu responded. They both burst into laughter.

"I wonder what he's doing nowadays, that poor Limkejj" Vimmru said, while looking out the window of an anonymous office in the VIP gate at the airport.

"Yeah. He was the first we lost contact with... The reasoning behind making him squad leader is still beyond me. Oh well." Servittallu glanced at his watch.

"It's time" he said, stood up, and straightened out his uniform.

"Yes. See you out there" Vimmru responded as the colonel walked out the door. He and Servittallu, now a colonel, had served together in the Guard Regiment in Grovne almost 25 years ago, but had remained close friends since.  They still remembered all the old quotes from those days, and repeating them when meeting now and then was mandatory, when their busy lives allowed it.

Vimmru soon also left the room and headed towards the gate's doors toward the landing strip.

The red carpet had been rolled out, the honorary guards were lining up, and the orchestra made its final preparations. A delicate nosevbradd had been placed on a tall table halfway out on the carpet.

As the plane landed and taxied along the runway to a complete halt by the red carpet, a sharp command in Sedunnic could be heard, prompting the honorary guard to shoulder arms. The door opened, and the journalists that had gathered immediately started taking pictures, causing a barrage of flashes. Vimmru started walking towards his guests to greet them.
Roleplayer
Roleplay moderator

Two individuals began to walk out of the plane, momentarily blinded by the flashes of numerous cameras, but pressed forward. One was an elderly looking man, easily in his late eighties, yet stood easily a few inches over six feet. He was dressed in what appeared to be a cross between a formal robe and a business suit, with a red sash tied around his shoulder and waist.

Following shortly behind the old man was a slightly taller woman with silver hair who carried herself with a regal bearing, clad in what was likely a ceremonial suit of armor with bits of expensive white cloth attached to the plating at the waist that flowed behind her. Both had friendly, if inquisitive expressions on their faces.

They walked toward who was most likely King Vimmru, personally coming here to greet them, only stopping when they were less than a meter apart.

The woman was the first to speak.

"Greetings, King Vimmru," she said with a clear and light voice, "It an honor to meet you in person. I am Hestia Drakar the Fifth, Empress of Pax Dracon."

She turned and motioned to her companion.

"And I am Grand Minister Octavian Viranius, elected leader of the Senate and chief of government for the people of the Imperium. We humbly thank you for this historic invitation," he spoke, his voice deep yet showing the raspiness of age.

"Welcome to Sedunn, Empress, Grand Minister. I am very honoured to have you here" Vimmru answered with a deep voice, nodding towards his guests in the same order. He turned to his right, taking a fragile, but healthy looking plant from the hands of an aid. He turned back to his guests.

"In the spirit of trust and future friendship, I would like to offer you this nosevbrad. It is a young fruit tree, and giving one to new acquaintances is an old Sedunnic tradition".

The journalists' cameras released another barrage of flashes as the king presented the tree, with its blue marble pot reflecting the bright light.
Roleplayer
Roleplay moderator

The Empress looked at the tree presented momentarily before accepting the potted tree with a smile.

"Thank you, Your Grace.  It is a lovely gift, and I will personally see to it being planted of the gardens in our capital as a token of our gratitude," she said before looking at the gaggle of journalists.  "It seems we've caused quite a stir in your nation.  Your news outlets seem eager to get a photograph or two."

She delicately adjusted the sapling to sit in the crook of her arm and raised her free hand to give a gentle wave to them.  Another round of bright flashes soon followed.

"Or indeed a hundred." Vimmru smiled.

As the photographers calmed down, Vimmru showed his guests to a spot in front of the formation of the honorary guard. When in place, the band started playing their respective national anthems, and concluded by playing the energetic overture to the Jokfur Einnle, a tune often used for state visits.

Vimmru then showed his guests to a dark blue car waiting by the end of the red carpet. A wide door was opened by the chauffeur, and they sat down on comfortable seats, with Vimmru having to ride backwards.

"We will be taken to the Great Grovne Palace, which is the seat of many state functions, where lunch will be offered" Vimmru said.

"So did you have a pleasant flight here?"
Roleplayer
Roleplay moderator

Settling into the car as comfortably as they can, both Hestia and Octavian nodded affirmatively at Vimmru.

"Indeed we did," Hestia said immediately afterwards, "Octavian here, though, was going through paperwork like the old busybody he is." She gently nudged the Grand Minister in his ribs, a mischievous smile spreading as she did so.

Octavian chuckled. "What can I say, you Majesties? I enjoy doing my job, stressful as it may be. A politician's work is never truly finished." He turned to face Hestia as best he could. "However, I am willing to admit that you were right, Empress. It wouldn't kill me relax every now and then. In fact, I look to seeing your palace, King Vimmru."

Vimmru smiled at the thought of the Palace being a place for relaxation, with his work being as stressful as ever, but he hoped he would be able to show it at its best. His guests seemed to be nice people, and they certainly seemed to have a special warm friendship between them.

"Grovne is very proud of its Great Palace. Despite being in the very centre of today's Grovne, it was built outside the city walls in the mid 17th century, when the city expanded like never before. The Old Palace, Neves, had been too small for the government for ages, prompting the construction of the Great Palace, also marking the start of a new architectonic style called lemnet, if I'm not mistaken. You will see similarly styled buildings along the Sutiv Boulevard leading there. It has been the seat of the Sedunnic government since the beginning of the 18th century" Vimmru explained.

"You seem to have been working together for quite some time?" Vimmru said, dropping some of the formality.
Roleplayer
Roleplay moderator