We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Sport

Okay, we're going to create a sports thread here so we can share updates on what is going on in the world of sports.

I have been driven to do this after the outrageous decision of three judges unanimously awarding a boxing match in Manny Pacquiao's disfavor. I know there are Aussies on this forum who may or may not be interested in boxing, but that decision was a war crime!

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/19...s-decision
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

(07-02-2017, 01:51 AM)Qvait Wrote: Okay, we're going to create a sports thread here so we can share updates on what is going on in the world of sports.

I have been driven to do this after the outrageous decision of three judges unanimously awarding a boxing match in Manny Pacquiao's disfavor. I know there are Aussies on this forum who may or may not be interested in boxing, but that decision was a war crime!

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/19...s-decision
I agree. It was worse than the Bradley fight O.o

(07-02-2017, 04:26 AM)Spenty Wrote: I agree. It was worse than the Bradley fight O.o

Exactly!

My History

Portugal became 3rd in the Confed-Cup game for the 3rd place.
It won 2:1 after extra time against Mexico.

In the evening Germany won 1:0 against Chile in the Confed-Cup final and so gained the first Confed-Cup title in DFB's history.
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

(07-02-2017, 04:17 PM)GI-Land Wrote: Portugal became 3rd in the Confed-Cup game for the 3rd place.
It won 2:1 after extra time against Mexico.

In the evening Germany won 1:0 against Chile in the Confed-Cup final and so gained the first Confed-Cup title in DFB's history.

Congrats to the Germans on that one! I've been a fan of that team since at least 2006 (despite not been German). However, due to a very abused law that allows the President to interrupt any broadcast on national TV for pretty much any reason, I missed half of the match because that dipshit was in a stupid rally Sad
RandomGuy199
Representative of the Federal Republic of Karnetvor
Resident Venezuelan/Lampshade Bar & Grill Manager- The South Pacific
Soldier, South Pacific Special Forces

"You're talkin' to the Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin', wheelin' n' dealin', limousine ridin', jet flyin', son of a gun, and I'm having a hard time keeping these alligators down!"

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair

(07-02-2017, 01:04 PM)Qvait Wrote:
(07-02-2017, 04:26 AM)Spenty Wrote: I agree. It was worse than the Bradley fight O.o

Exactly!

Better send Horn to the UFC. XD

Horn deserved to win!!!

Nah just joking.

In my opinion it was close. Could have gone either way.

Anyway, in Aussie sport...
Tennis: We all got screwed in Wimbledon. All singles out bar one after 1st round.
Rugby League: All the teams have been cheating the league for years, but the league finally decided to start picking on teams other than Melbourne Storm (the best team)
AFL: Everyone is shocked every week because no team can get a good streak of wins. Two thirds through the competition but the teams placed 10th in the competition still has a chance at first. There are 18 teams. Also, my team is 4th, after coming 13th last year!
John Hills- President of Ausstan

In E-Sports* (if that belongs to here too) the US team "Cloud9" lost in this year's ESL One finals in Cologne against Brasilian SK Gaming 0:3 in a Best of 5.
Especially the last game was really close, since C9 was in front with 9-1, but then was defeated by SK still with 16-15.

*CS:GO
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

(07-09-2017, 06:46 PM)GI-Land Wrote: In E-Sports* (if that belongs to here too) the US team "Cloud9" lost in this year's ESL One finals in Cologne against Brasilian SK Gaming 0:3 in a Best of 5.
Especially the last game was really close, since C9 was in front with 9-1, but then was defeated by SK still with 16-15.

*CS:GO

eSports most definitely belong here. (I'm biased on this, but I don't care.)

My History

NO

NO ESPORTS

OH GOD NO

NO NO NO NO

THEY ARENT SPORT THEY ARE ESPORT THEY EVEN HAVE A DIFFERENT NAME HOW DARE YOU COMPARE AFL AND SOCCER AND BASKETBALL AND CRICKET AND BOXING AND BOBSLEDING AND SWIMMING AND HOCKEY AND GAELIC FOOTBALL AND BASEBALL AND 'MURICAN FOOTBALL AND RUBGY LEAGUE AND BAD RUGBY AND ALL OTHER SPORTS TO CSGO AND CoD SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

Edit: No, GI, I don't reckon they belong here.
John Hills- President of Ausstan