We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Updated forum structure and guides?

Our little corner of TSP's forums has had the same structure for a some years now. What do you think about it? Are there any changes you think could improve it? How can we help newcomers navigate and find their way?

Also, we have some well-written RP guides that I think we could advertise more. Here's our main welcoming post/guide. It's in need of an update, especially the parts describing canon history and who to contact for help. What would you like to see in an updated guide?
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

[-] The following 2 users Like Qwert's post:
  • Amerion, Poppy

I like it the way it is. I think its broken down fairly nice, and keeps things separated that need to be. Its not over/under sub-forum'd...
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium
[-] The following 3 users Like Rebeltopia's post:
  • Imperial Frost Federation, Poppy, Qwert

I think we need to try ti bridge between tsp forum and ns forum Roleplay
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hammerstar's post:
  • Poppy

(02-25-2019, 06:41 PM)Rebeltopia Wrote: I like it the way it is. I think its broken down fairly nice, and keeps things separated that need to be. Its not over/under sub-forum'd...

I agree and can't think of any major improvements structure-wise.

Perhaps more "generic" sub-forum names could be considered? The current names are a bit cryptic.

(02-25-2019, 08:34 PM)Hammerstar Wrote: I think we need to try ti bridge between tsp forum and ns forum Roleplay

By forum structure and/or guides?
Roleplayer
Roleplay moderator

[-] The following 1 user Likes Qwert's post:
  • Poppy

(02-26-2019, 05:39 PM)Qwert Wrote:
(02-25-2019, 06:41 PM)Rebeltopia Wrote: I like it the way it is. I think its broken down fairly nice, and keeps things separated that need to be. Its not over/under sub-forum'd...

I agree and can't think of any major improvements structure-wise.

Perhaps more "generic" sub-forum names could be considered? The current names are a bit cryptic.

(02-25-2019, 08:34 PM)Hammerstar Wrote: I think we need to try ti bridge between tsp forum and ns forum Roleplay

By forum structure and/or guides?

Would it be possible to also reproduce any such roleplay guides in the forthcoming University of the South Pacific? It would be beneficial to have a centralised educational facility where we can dispense all things TSP.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Amerion's post:
  • Poppy

(03-05-2019, 12:51 AM)Amerion Wrote: Would it be possible to also reproduce any such roleplay guides in the forthcoming University of the South Pacific? It would be beneficial to have a centralised educational facility where we can dispense all things TSP.

You mean posting the RP guide(s) there too? No problem.
Roleplayer
Roleplay moderator

[-] The following 2 users Like Qwert's post:
  • Amerion, Poppy

Do RP guides require regular updates (i.e. monthly) @Qwert?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Amerion's post:
  • Poppy

(03-05-2019, 11:58 PM)Amerion Wrote: Do RP guides require regular updates (i.e. monthly) @Qwert?

Once in place, I don't think we'd need to update them a lot, but it would be a good practise to revise them regularly (like updating the "getting help list").
Roleplayer
Roleplay moderator

[-] The following 1 user Likes Qwert's post:
  • Amerion

(03-08-2019, 12:11 PM)Qwert Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 11:58 PM)Amerion Wrote: Do RP guides require regular updates (i.e. monthly) @Qwert?

Once in place, I don't think we'd need to update them a lot, but it would be a good practise to revise them regularly (like updating the "getting help list").

That sounds very reasonable Smile

We can make our RP forum structure looks like NS forum's one. 
  • OOC subforum
  • Canon roleplay
  • National information & embassies
  • Random roleplay

As for the guide, I think it is good enough content-wise but requires more updates.

With updates to the guide and the above forum structure. I think we are good to go.
Chief Supervising Armchair
[-] The following 1 user Likes USoVietnam's post:
  • Amerion