We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DISCUSSION] Mandatory election dispatch

Note: OP to be updated with the text of a draft bill at a future date.

The following proposal is in response to recent discussions on providing relevant information to all Legislators prior to an election:
  • At the beginning of the nomination period, the Election Commissioner will create a dispatch — perhaps something like this — alerting Legislators to the election, outlining the forthcoming process, and inviting Legislators to submit nominations in a designated sub-forum; and
  • Following the opening of the voting period, the Commissioner will create another dispatch informing Legislators of the vote(s) and include in the dispatch linkages to the campaigns of every candidate in the election.
[-] The following 3 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Divine Owl, Poppy, Seraph

So, here's the one question I have here: Will someone be able to provide a list of current legislators/their nation names?
-tsunamy
[forum admin]
[-] The following 3 users Like Tsunamy's post:
  • Amerion, Divine Owl, Poppy

If the CoA/LegComm is keeping up with it, there is a google docs roster. I think Far is the host.
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium
[-] The following 3 users Like Rebeltopia's post:

(05-28-2019, 09:24 AM)Tsunamy Wrote: So, here's the one question I have here: Will someone be able to provide a list of current legislators/their nation names?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...=237532747
[-] The following 3 users Like Nakari's post:

Im going to go with "that hasnt been updated in a LONG TIME"...

Anyway... Providing a nation in TSP is a requirement for being a Legislator, and when Legislator checks are done in the beginning of the month (or the random checks?), those are the nations used in the checks. So I dont see any issues here (other than that list is VERY old...)
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebeltopia's post:
  • Poppy

(05-28-2019, 11:49 AM)Rebeltopia Wrote: Im going to go with "that hasnt been updated in a LONG TIME"...

Anyway... Providing a nation in TSP is a requirement for being a Legislator, and when Legislator checks are done in the beginning of the month (or the random checks?), those are the nations used in the checks. So I dont see any issues here (other than that list is VERY old...)

Are you looking at the month of May?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Amerion's post:
  • Poppy

(05-28-2019, 11:49 AM)Rebeltopia Wrote: Im going to go with "that hasnt been updated in a LONG TIME"...

I think the link in the forums goes to one of the older months, so you have to pick a more recent sheet, but we definitely keep it updated.
[-] The following 2 users Like Nakari's post:
  • Poppy, Seraph

I was looking at the 2nd tab labeled "List of Legislators"... The first name there is Aav Whitehall... Tounge

That should probably get moved to the end Tounge

[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebeltopia's post:
  • Poppy

I know I'm being picky but if that was a NS tags that would be so much easier Tounge

But, still, this should be easy enough to do. We can give it a test run during this election cycle if we like?
-tsunamy
[forum admin]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tsunamy's post:
  • Poppy

(05-28-2019, 03:09 PM)Tsunamy Wrote: I know I'm being picky but if that was a NS tags that would be so much easier Tounge

But, still, this should be easy enough to do. We can give it a test run during this election cycle if we like?

Ask and you shall receive Tounge

That sounds like a great idea.

Code:
[nation]Amerion[/nation],  [nation]Blechingia[/nation],  [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation],  [nation]Beepee[/nation],  [nation]Of Tommy[/nation],  [nation]Belschaft[/nation],  [nation]Mryasia[/nation],  [nation]Bzerneleg[/nation],  [nation]Concrete Slab[/nation],  [nation]West Wirral[/nation],  [nation]Aidenfieeld[/nation],  [nation]Farengeto[/nation],  [nation]Felis Silvestris Grampia[/nation],  [nation]The Filippinas[/nation],  [nation]Liebstadt[/nation],  [nation]The Derpy Democratic Republic of Herp[/nation],  [nation]Pacific Hakke[/nation],  [nation]Heliseum[/nation],  [nation]Hopatcong[/nation],  [nation]The Imperial Frost Federation[/nation],  [nation]Islands of Unity[/nation],  [nation]Jahass[/nation],  [nation]Khazadine[/nation],  [nation]Kringalia[/nation],  [nation]Kurnugia[/nation],  [nation]Midand[/nation],  [nation]Eastern Don Mard[/nation],  [nation]Kneska[/nation],  [nation]Nakarisaune[/nation],  [nation]The National Corporation[/nation],  [nation]Rubistonia[/nation],  [nation]New Haudenosaunee Confederacy[/nation],  [nation]North Prarie[/nation],  [nation]Penguinpies[/nation],  [nation]Phanama[/nation],  [nation]Pax Dracon[/nation],  [nation]073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121[/nation],  [nation]Esfalsa[/nation],  [nation]QuietDad of TSP[/nation],  [nation]Qvait[/nation],  [nation]Sedunn[/nation],  [nation]Rebel-topia[/nation],  [nation]Roavin[/nation],  [nation]Ryccia[/nation],  [nation]Sandaoguo[/nation],  [nation]Erinor[/nation],  [nation]Agalaesia[/nation],  [nation]Asia and Pacific[/nation],  [nation]Pederal na Republika Ng Pilipinas[/nation],  [nation]Stoniamera[/nation],  [nation]The Solar System Scope[/nation],  [nation]Solnichnzy[/nation],  [nation]Tsunamy[/nation],  [nation]The United Chinese Republic[/nation],  [nation]United States of Vietnam[/nation],  [nation]Volaworand[/nation],  [nation]Hexerei und Zauberei[/nation],  [nation]Yeet and retreat[/nation]

Edit: As a side note, it would be beneficial if the Chair could maintain a dispatch code for the Legislators list in the Assembly Templates thread.
[-] The following 2 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Poppy, Tsunamy