We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[Please Delete] Issue XXXVI

[Image: CykDbKO.png]
Issue XXXVI

[blocktext]
Hello lovely peoples,
it is time for a TIR again. Actually it would have been time for it twice already, but due to external circumstances, the release date of this issue had to be pushed back further and further and now here we are. Unfortunately the paper has not the amount of content, you are used to normally, either. Like I explained on our TSP Discord server, this will be my last issue of the TIR as editor-in-chief, focusing mainly on what other authors have written for this paper, that hasn't been released yet.
With that I'd say, sit back and relax while not only reading something about the Izaakian economy, but also new things from our lovely sci-fi roleplay community.

Thanks for reading this paper and a special thanks to everyone, who submitted entries or tried to help this project in any other way. Keep this up with whoever follows next!

Contents  

The Badger Chocolate Company
Written by @Izaakia

Founded in 1551 the Badger Chocolate Company is The United States of Izaakia's oldest surviving confectionary company. The Cocoa bean was originally brought to the South Pacific after Empress Artemesia XII retreated from Fort Astride in 1545 and led refugees to Hai Men. From Hai Men she led a voyage of discovery around the world that lasted 4 years, returning in 1549.
She returned with many newly discovered Spices and Botanical Treasures. Once such treasure was the Cocoa Bean, which grew well in the Hai Men Climate. As the hot chocolate fever swept through the refugee population like wildfire in 1551 a young baker by the name of Bertie Boulangerie began selling this drink alongside his baked goods. Experimental by nature it didn’t take long before he created his signature dish, the Bubbling Badger, a hot chocolate with a swirl of thick cream.

Business thrived for well over a decade before in 1567 Bertie Boulangerie invented the solid chocolate bar, which he decorated with a strip of white chocolate down the centre and called it the Berties Badger Bar. The Berties Badger Bar proved hugely popular and caused a huge boom in shipping into Hai Men, which is why to this day Hai Men is a global centre of Shipping, Finance and Insurance.

The Badger Chocolate Company received royal assent in 1570 and has kept it continuously since then. In 1607 an aged Bertie Boulangerie sent two of his three children abroad, one to the newly founded Mako City in the new colony of Izaakia and one to the old world, to Olicana in order to set up subsidiary chocolate companies, the third child remained in Hai Men to build the original business. Over the next 414 years the chocolate company has grown from strength to strength, retaining its three centres in Hai Men, New Mako and Olicana this is Izaakias oldest multinational corporation. In 1774 the head quarters of the Badger Chocolate corporation moved to New Mako.

Over the years the range of chocolate and confectionaries that the Badger Chocolate Company has greatly expanded, and the current range includes traditional favourites such as the Berties Badger Bar and the Bubbling Badger, as well as new exciting products like the Penguin Percy, a Chocolate covered icecream, the Zebra Bar, which has a higher melting point for tropical environments, and the Panda-monium chocolate biscuit.

From Ripple to Shock Wave
Written by @StoicMetoik

Previously we looked at the many actions taken by the star nations from Sector A1-0 from diplomatic talks to joyful interviews. A1-0 now is facing turmoil, however. The Middleton wormhole. Once believed to be a gateway of trade and commerce, has left nothing left to the imagination. The Battle of Cornucopia is heating up as the Venterrans successfully gain the upper hand. Though, Stoinians being Stoinians, will not go quietly into the night. You can read more of the space battle and the heroic stand of the 763rd Stoinian EVA Battalion here.

This Venterran Incursion has shaken up the entire Sector. The Stoinian Star Kingdom itself had just elected a Terran supremacist Chancellor who had to turn over civilian authority once the King and the Royal War Council voted for war. Chancellor Ryan Adams’ reign was short-lived but is sent waves of uncertainty towards their Treecuu allies. The Joint Stoinian-Treecuu Exploratory Fleet’s existence was questioned during this short reign. Had it not been for the King’s actions, the exploration of the Sector would have halted. You can read more of the political ideology and protocols of the Star Kingdom right here.

The Stoinian royal family, however, doesn’t stay still for one moment. As Prince Aurelian has now been tasked to help explore the Tiyanki Territories alongside his new companion, the Kontauri Dius Virini. Together they’ll help map out the first Non-Player Region of our canon. Be sure to follow their adventures as they make their first alien contact.

However, let us see what the rest of the Sector is doing for a moment. Well… The Ryccian Empire had a coup attempt amidst all this. A group of military officers, inspired by the Stoinian military takeover, took it upon themselves to save the Empire upon hearing that the Venterrans might be their neighbours. This has led to high tensions in the Empire, but with the help of the High Legate Sinclair and the clever Emperor.
Similarly, the Drakari Celestial Imperium’s top officials are gathering to discuss this troubled evolution of the Sector. The small discovery of a wormhole has led to shockwaves in the major powers of the Sector.

[Image: 20210801-125630.jpg]

There are still threads out there. From a Stoinian western to a festival of faiths. A1-0 may currently be on fire, but there’s still room for other pleasantries. Speaking of pleasantries. The attentive eye has seen that the map received three new inhabitants. The slave empire known as the Zelvan Regime remains shrouded in mystery as the Treecuu contacted them in the southwestern fringes of A1-0. The military might of the Tarassian Union has begun to cross over their borders to assess potential hostile neighbours. These two nations are Non-Player Nations and can be used to RP with. The difference being that everyone can help worldbuild them and no single player controls them. The Non-Player Region is similar to them, but the region doesn’t hold a single unified star nation and still has unexplored space. The rules of the canon have been updated to accommodate these new nations. The Tiyanki Territories themselves are a vast area of space with many smaller star nations, exotic species and wonders.

This crisis has led to the creation of IC jokes in our discord chat and I’ll give a small selection as a bonus. Behold A1-0’s jokes!

A Stoinian, Venterran and Ryccian end up on the remote planet of Kihi in the Tiyanki Territories as a getaway tourism destination. They smuggled some alcoholic beverages from their homeworld and for it are condemned to 20 lashes each. Right before receiving their punishment, the King of the planet announces that each may say one wish before their punishment because it's the Queen birthday. The Ryccian, trying to be smart, steps forward: "I wish a pillow to be attached on my back." However, the pillow only lasted 10 lashes. Next up was the Venterran willing to prove his strength: "I wish to show my species' strength. I wish to be whipped harder." And so the Venterran was whipped harder. Finally ,it was the Stoinian's turn, but the King had a surprise for him. "Oh, you Stoinian, because of your people’s honour and trade with us, I shall grant you two wishes!" "Very well, Sire. I wish to receive 100 lashes." "As honourable as always." said the King "What is your second wish?" The Stoinian smiled: "That the Venterran be attached to my back."

A day at the beach (by Qwert)

-The Treecuu drinks the water for the flavour
-The Stoinian stabs any fish that comes too close with a longsword
-The Ryccian buries his head in the sand
-The Drakari enjoyes his drink in a comfy chair
-The BoAn sells cheap (stolen) jewellery

How Each species reacts to a Venterran Challenge (by Frost)

-The Treecuu outwits the Venterran and avoids a fight
-The Drakari ignores the Venterran
-The Ryccian Panics
-The Stoinian returns the favor and throws the next punch

Want to contribute to the next issue? Submit articles at the [OOC] Treasure Island Report thread in the forum. We also invite you to join the regional Discord server and help us with our TSPedia.
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)