We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Logic Police

Completely throw away our advice? Why, it's a must for business in Hammerstar!

(10-11-2015, 10:25 AM)ProfessorHenn Wrote: Completely throw away our advice? Why, it's a must for business in Hammerstar!

Who threw anything away, really? Tell me at what point that I completely disregarded your advice.
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

(10-11-2015, 10:31 AM)Hammerstar Wrote:
(10-11-2015, 10:25 AM)ProfessorHenn Wrote: Completely throw away our advice? Why, it's a must for business in Hammerstar!

Who threw anything away, really? Tell me at what point that I completely disregarded your advice.

...everywhere?

XD

<33

(10-11-2015, 11:39 AM)Farengeto Wrote:
(10-11-2015, 10:31 AM)Hammerstar Wrote:

...everywhere?

I planned to build like ten, but your arguments made my wish list shortened to 4. I still want those planes.

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

Which is precisely our point. Farengeto said having more than one would be expensive, impractical and would do nothing to accomplish the goal of facilitating trade. You in turn decided you want the planes regardless and will buy them, even if they have no use in any realistic roleplay.

Roleplay as you want, but please be upfront about it. Claiming you are being realistic and reasonable when you clearly are not is a waste our your and our time.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

(10-11-2015, 01:06 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: Which is precisely our point. Farengeto said having more than one would be expensive, impractical and would do nothing to accomplish the goal of facilitating trade. You in turn decided you want the planes regardless and will buy them, even if they have no use in any realistic roleplay.

Roleplay as you want, but please be upfront about it. Claiming you are being realistic and reasonable when you clearly are not is a waste our your and our time.

Bottom Line

Already have one
Wanted to make four
asks Logic Police
Suddenly wanted 10
facts thrown by Far had reduced it back to four
Would take advice and use commercial planes to facilitate trade
the four is for stationary assets
Appreciated the suggestion that I shouldn't make four, but I'd like to make four nonetheless for assets.
People say I didn't listen anything
I say that without you guys, I'd want made 10. But you made me realise that commercial alternatives are cheaper and much better

Look I listen to the suggestion, which is why I changed the numbers. But please respect my decision when I want to make four for assets.

There I'm upfront. I want 4 of those planes for assets, but I'll still take in Far's opinions and use commercial airlines as the primary for my air trade. If you guys didn't tell me about these facts, I would use the Antonov-255 as primary trading vehicles, which I have realised hours ago from the facts tabled in this thread.

There, done.

- Doraemon

Most honoured and venerable Logic Police, I'm having some difficulty in coming up with a reasonable GDP for my nation, mainly because I am really not an expert in any of this stuff. I have tried looking at nations I think might be similar, but it's so hard to judge similarity from the information available, especially when I don't have all night to research it (which is practically what I did last night anyway...)

So, here's the info I have so far:

Area: 87,510 km^2 (Plot #094)
Population (2016 census): 6,344,475
Population Density: 72.5/km^2 (higher than the similarly sized, but mostly flat Serbia, but lower than the other similarly-sized nation I could find, Azerbaijan, which is actually more mountainous, but I suspect more urbanised also).
The landscape appears to be mostly tropical rainforest (almost certainly reduced to plains in large areas) and volcanic mountainsides. As a small nation in such a landscape and with a clear risk of natural disasters, I don't expect their GDP to be enormous.
My ideas for nominal GDP per capita have been anywhere between about $5,000 to $20,000, but I'm just not sure what's reasonable and what the consequences for my roleplaying might be.

Please, can you help?
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

Wikipedia can provide some hints, check it out if you haven't so far: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co...per_capita. According to the list, the range $5,000 to $20,000 would give you a wide array of different nations. Some are economical powerhouses, while others are less blessed with economical wealth. What kind of nation is Erinor? Does it have an extensive social welfare programme and a high standard of living in general? If it does, even $20,000 might be a little low. Also, note how different the numbers are depending on who calculated them.

In our RP, hard numbers are seldom used. It's more about what your national leaders say and do. Of course you'd need something to back them up, but you can gain significant influence from just having Yena Yamera-Hyudo saying the "right thing" Tounge

Many nations involved in our RP have rather high GDP's, with an average of around $850.000 billion, I think (according to the most recent numbers I've seen). Mine (Sedunn's) is $874.471 billion (or $55,683 per capita), which is quite high for such a small nation. I like to think of Sedunn as a trade hub with a high-tech industry (like the Netherlands for example). (Remember also how much the numbers differ depending on organisation.)

I'm not sure this is very helpful, but I hope there is something you can use Smile
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

(05-03-2016, 06:45 PM)Qwert Wrote: Many nations involved in our RP have rather high GDP's, with an average of around $850,000, I think (according to the most recent numbers I've seen). Mine (Sedunn's) is about $875,000 (or 55,000 per capita), which is quite high for such a small nation. I like to think of Sedunn as a trade hub with a high-tech industry (like the Netherlands for example). (Remember also how much the numbers differ depending on organisation.)
You're right for the most part, but you're off by a few orders of magnitude there I think. (Unless Sedunn has a population of 16.) Tounge