We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] Vamapin Siread sutaciraduinea - The Feast of Created Light - 14th December 2016

Yena took the Princess' hand and smiled. "I quite understand," she said, "and it is a pleasure to meet you all, especially your Royal Highness. We have not had much dealings with the Frost Empire so far. Perhaps that could change soon?"

She gestured for one of the serving staff to bring over a tray of glasses, each glistening with condensation in the searing sun.

"These glasses contain Qassora cafulilea our national drink. They have been watered down heavily for the weather, but they are still quite alcoholic," she added, eyeing the teenage princess. She wasn't sure what age the girl was, but it was likely that she wasn't past eighteen, which was the legal age to drink in Erinor. Still, one never knew.

"We also have a gift for the Princess," Yena continued, gesturing towards another member of staff who was carrying another of the Erinoran lace shawls. "It's made according to traditional practices and features an ancient Varsan pattern. We do hope you like it.

Anyway, once you've had a chance to refresh yourselves, we should head in to see the other delegates, although firstly, I have one more person to greet. She gestured at the recently landed craft from Sedunn.

"I'm sorry, but they are alcoholic," Sirea confessed. "We can, however, produce a non-alcoholic alternative - spring water flavoured with peppers and Cafulila - with little effort, if you don't mind waiting?"

"Yes that would be lovely, thank you. May we request for our faithful knights to be given the Qassora cafulilea as well? All except that man reading the newspaper and that woman looking at airplanes." Requested The Peony.

"Ah what to ask, what to ask! There are many things that we could ask you about your fine nation." Pondered The Peony, "how fares the country? Surely you are well? How is our Ambassador, Artist Han Yuan? I believe he told me that he wrote your name in traditional mandarin characters did he not? Quite exquisite, using a block to create a rainbow texture of one's name."
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

“We are thankful for this wonderful shawl, and I hope that the relationship between our nations will change for the betterment of our citizens.” said Isara as Nagisa accepted the Shawl from the aide, who then placed the shawl around Isara. “We in turn also have a gift for the Ura’sia,” said Isara as she gestured over to the Assembly Chair who opened the box to display an elegant oriental ceramic tea set, an additional 4 small coffee mugs, and two airtight boxes, which held sencha leaves and grounded coffee beans.
“We sincerely hope that you will enjoy a taste of Frost.” Said Oda as he extended the box out to the Ura’sia. He also said, “On behalf of her highness I’m also afraid I must decline the Qassora cafulilea and respectfully ask a non-alcoholic variant as her highness is still below the drinking age. Although I and Foreign Minister Kuribayashi will accept the Qassora Cafulilea.”

Seeing the Ura'sia gesture to the Sedunnic plane, Foreign Minister Kuribayashi also replied, "We also have business with the Kingdom of Sedunn in the interest of establishing security cooperation."

Yena accepted the gifts gratefully. "I always enjoy sampling the flavours of the world," she replied, "and I especially look forward to the coffee beans. As for a non-alcoholic variant for the Princess, that can easily be arranged." She gestured for some attendants to begin making the concoction.

"As for your interst in Sedunn, you are very welcome to accompany me as I welcome Foreign Minister Gjieramm," Yena replied to Minister Kuribayashi. "Afterwards we can all adjourn to the Executive Lounge together and prepare our party to head to the Mena Tacirid."

Sirea smiled as she remembered the gift from Artist Han Yuan. "Yes. It is quite beautiful. I have had it mounted on my apartment wall.

"As for Artist Yuan, he seems to have settled in nicely in the new property we purchased on Yanuvallano Vala. He is often in touch regarding matters concerning our relationship with the Peocracy."

She turned to Gianluca. "I believe GIanluca here was particularly interested in speaking with your excellency."

The Peony then proceeded to address the young Gianluca, who was happily sipping the alcholic beverage he is simply too young to have, regardless of his stature and his laws.

"Venerable Leader, is there something on your mind?"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

"Well, I thought, when we already meet here, I could thank you personally for the present you sent. The tea was wonderful!", Gianluca said to the Peony.
He turned his head to Sirea shortly, saying: "Like this Quassora fulilea is too."
He had a strong German accent, while pronouncing Syaqin aren. He hated it and decided to let it vanish as fast as possible.
The eye again on the Peony: "I drank your tea until today regularely for breakfast or, when I needed to relax while reading or I gave it out to my Ministers, when they were consulting me. Unfortunately the present ran short, I guess, so I wished I got more of it."
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

The Peony clasped her hands in joy. It is not common that a young boy would enjoy such rich and bitter tea, she also notes the fact that enjoyment of traditional meals and beverages of the Peocracy is indeed the best first step of healthy relations.

"Ah, such a venerable leader like yourself is always allowed to have some more of our tea. Our Ambassador, Administrator Li Ching, would be delighted to supply you with our finest leaves and mixtures whenever you would require it. Of course, I myself would be more than happy to educate you on our tea sometime in the future."

She wanted to explain that she brought some from her own reserves to this occassion for her own consumption, but it may pass off as rude, knowing that the hosts has prepared something. She decided to excuse herself when she looked at her watch.

"If you'd excuse me, I believe it is time for me to pray. Allow me to retire to a private room for me to pray, Zhao, Rin."

She signalled her two bodyguards of muslim faith to join her to pray, and went up from her seat to pray.

- Doraemon

The Peony left the place and Gianluca turned his attention again to Sirea.
"Sooooo, what do you think of the Peony so far?"
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

Although he could hear that the air conditioner was working at a near-impossible speed, Hevv Gjieramm could still feel the heat from outside the boarding bridge while walking to the gatehouse. He wasn't sure what kind of reception there would be, but so far it looked like it was going to be less formal. The way he liked it. He was looking forward to speak to the other guests, from nations that Sedunn didn't have very extensive relations with, partly a result from the Sedunnic foreign politics mostly having been focused on the traditional trade partners in the southwest and at the sea to the east.

The doors to the gatehouse opened and immediately let in a gust of cool air. Gjieramm saw that that the Ura'sia was approaching, accompanied by someone younger, which he recognised as the Foreign Minister of Frost. He started walking in their direction.
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

Sirea was a little taken aback by just how forward Gianluca could be, but she smiled nevertheless and decided to give him a frank assessment.

"She's not exactly what I was expecting and it's hard to tell how best to respond to her. There's still a lot to learn about her culture and her role within it, I suppose. How about you? Do you think you'll be able to speak as you had hoped?"

Yena saw the Sedunnic Foreign Minister approaching and laid on her best smile.

"Minister Gjieramm, we're so pleased that you could join us today, despite the events taking place so soon in your own country. It means a lot to have a representative of Sedunn, here." She turned towards Kuribayashi and added, "May I introduce Foreign Minister Kuribayashi of the Frost Empire? Perhaps you have met before?"