We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Lazarus and The NPO

As our region is aware, there has been a recent coup of fellow GCR Lazarus that has resulted in suspension of in game embassies.

As someone who believes that the absolute sovereignty of GCRs is a principal The South Pacific must publicly defend through words and policy, I believe our region should feel threatened by the recent developments in Lazarus.  The New Pacific Order government of The Pacific has publicly claimed the region, and has replaced the official forum of the region with one of The Pacific.  I find these actions to be unacceptable of any region, especially a fellow GCR.

I implore our cabinet and the CSS to investigate the situation and suggest actions to the assembly.  I believe our first attempts at resolving this issue should be through diplomacy, but I believe all options should be on the able including declaring the NPO an organizations deemed hostile to The South Pacific and forming a coalition block to liberate Lazarus and isolate The Pacific if further required. I also think that this is an event that will trigger universal outrage among our allies, so I also think it is of critical importance to not act alone.

I also urge the parole board to investigate Milograd's involvement of the coup, considering he has been a member of both the NPO and the former Lazarus government.

Relevant additional reading: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic....2&t=336949
The 16th Delegate of The South Pacific

This could escalate into something much bigger, so what happens in the next few days will be vital to the outcome of the situation.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

Don't forget Balders involvement as well.

What is their involvement?

(04-11-2015, 07:15 PM)southern bellz Wrote: What is their involvement?

Balder appears to be backing the new regime in that they're constructing an embassy with Lazarus currently. I spoke with Rach (Solorni), and it seems to be legitimate... but she also likes to troll, and I wouldn't be surprised if she's just having a bit of fun in the chaos. I'd suggest taking it seriously until given reason to believe it isn't, however.

I'm not sure what the hell is Balder is doing. My bet would be trolling.

Have other major regions taken any action against the NPO in this? Diplomatic or otherwise?

Yesterday, some nations from Balder were flying the NLO flag. I suspect they were in on it sooner than everyone believes.

(04-11-2015, 07:53 PM)southern bellz Wrote: Have other major regions taken any action against the NPO in this? Diplomatic or otherwise?

Aside from multiple embassy closures from Lazarus, no one has taken any type of action against The Pacific.

(04-11-2015, 07:53 PM)TAC Wrote: Yesterday, some nations from Balder were flying the NLO flag. I suspect they were in on it sooner than everyone believes.

It wasn't the exact same flag as it has a different symbol in the center. I don't know what the involvement of Balder is but I would assume that it is Rach trolling. I agree with Sopo that it should be treated as a reality until such a time that we have reason for it not to be.

Given our past history with the NPO after Milo's coup I would hope that the Cabinet or this Assembly take a firm stance against their actions here. This is completely unacceptable and is a grave violation of GCR Sovereignty.