We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Nomination of a vice delegate

Now that Pen's resignation has been officially submitted, in accordance with Article 6.6.2 of the Charter, it's my job to nominate a new vice delegate for approval from the Assembly.

As such, I reached out someone who has brought new blood to region through his work with the Ministry of Regional Affairs and — most recently — his election to the Local Council.

I know Sam111 (aka SJS Republic) will make a great vice delegate and I'm excited to both nominate him and start working with him.

I hope the Assembly will approve his nomination quickly.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Cheers.

Let's hope he can finally take over citizenship applications very soon.

~Professor Henn, Hardcore Leftist, Totally not a Dinosaur

Somehow, curve ball doesn't quite do it justice Tounge

As I have worked with Sam on a lot of projects in the MoRA, I'm not surprised to see him in a VD postition. I valued and still continue to value his opinion in MoRA and other matters.

Congrats Sam, I fully support your nomination Smile
#EC4Lyfe

If the Delegate says so, then I support this.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

Congratulations, Sam!
Loyal Citizen of The South Pacific
Captain, The North Pacific Army

Former positions - TNP:
Deputy Minister of Home Affairs, Election Commissioner, Deputy Minister of Communications, Minister of Home Affairs, Minister of WA Affairs, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Communications, and Former Delegate of The North Pacific.

We're going to vote on it, Tomb!

~Professor Henn, Hardcore Leftist, Totally not a Dinosaur

I would like to invite Sam to speak here regarding his previous positions in the region, how qualified he sees himself and what would be his priorities as Vice Delegate. I have no outstanding problems with Sam, except for his relative lack of experience, which could be easily compensate by a strong proactiveness and willingness to learn, which is why I would like him to speak with us.

I also asked him to speak here because I think it is healthier for nominees to engage with the Assembly and clearly explain why they are good options and how they will approach their positions. Even if the appointment is relatively uncontroversial, I see a conversation with the nominee much more useful than simply citizens posting their support. That is not to say the support should not be there, but surely we can have a more comprehensive nomination process.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

I like Sam and have enjoyed our interactions. I'm glad Tsu chose some fresh blood.

Sam, we'd love to hear from you dear Smile

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

I'd also like to hear from Sam. I have no issues with the nomination though.