We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Criminal Charges

HCLQ1515 has had no shortage of controversy, and its appeal was no different.

The conduct of our Justices in this case have been an insult to everything our legal system stands for. I have been told by sources with access to the court that the objectivity of our Appellate Justice for HCLQ1515, Apad, was compromised. Not only did this "unbiased" individual participate in the discussions regarding HCLQ1515, but they even personally approved it.

This perversion of our legal system violates its objectivity and their principles, and it is with deep concern that I hereby formally charge Apad with Miscarriage of Justice, as defined by Article 5.1.5 of the Code of Laws. I cite all relevant threads in the Private Office as my preliminary evidence. Should the Court refuse to release these threads, the (Acting) Justices already have access to them for the purposes of the Complaint

Due to their personal and direct involvement in the case in question, I must respectfully demand that Hopolis and TAC recuse themselves from this case. While I recognize this recuses the entirety of the Court, the severity of this issue should not be taken lightly and must be dealt with appropriately.

Alright, I recuse myself and ask for the identity of said "sources" who have access to the private office.

(07-31-2015, 11:55 PM)TAC Saxton Wrote: Alright, I recuse myself and ask for the identity of said "sources" who have access to the private office.

I have withheld the names by request, though I know of at least 6 people who currently have access.

Also for the record, no discussions were shared with me, only the existence of said discussions.

I'll be as direct as possible here. The six people that have access are the Justices me, Hopolis, Apad and the admins, Kris, Tsu and GR. Knowing this and knowing that me,Apad and Hopolis are all on the same page, that leaves the admins. Kris submitted HCLQ1515, GR has been supporting Kris from the start and Tsu called BS on this some time ago, which leads me to believe that Kris and GR abused their powers as admins to monitor private deliberations on a case they have personal interest in. There's clearly a conflict of interest and I demand the charges be dismissed.

(08-01-2015, 12:25 AM)TAC Saxton Wrote: There's clearly a conflict of interest and I demand the charges be dismissed.

I don't understand what your alleged conflict of interest is, nor how the bias of any non-Justice affects the legitimacy of my case.

To whom it may concern,

I have had family visiting from out of town this week and have not had time to formulate my response to these accusations. Please allow me some time to write and post the defense of my character and actions against the apparent spy network we have in TSP. I could use a cooling off period anyways.
Apad
King of Haldilwe

Sorry for commenting, but I think that Farengeto is right. The Court must be neutral. It should not give recommendations of objective nature. If the Justices felt that it should be changed, then, in my opinion, they should go to the Assembly and propose an amendment themselves. The Court is a Judicial Institution, not a political one. To give a political recommendation as an institution is a breach of how this institution should act.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

At this point, what is the proof of this "miscarriage of justice"? I see nothing here for Apad to be defending himself *against*. The way the charges have set this up, it literally could be ANYTHING discussed on the court during Apad's time.

Far -- you don't get cite "all relevant threads" and try to charge someone. Especially if you just asked the entire judiciary to recuse themselves. You need to produce some evidence of your claims.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

(08-01-2015, 04:08 PM)Ryccia Wrote: Sorry for commenting, but I think that Farengeto is right. The Court must be neutral. It should not give recommendations of objective nature. If the Justices felt that it should be changed, then, in my opinion, they should go to the Assembly and propose an amendment themselves. The Court is a Judicial Institution, not a political one. To give a political recommendation as an institution is a breach of how this institution should act.
This has nothing to do with HCLQ1515 nor its political reccomendations.

Oh.

Oh, I see now!

Still with you Farengeto.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)