We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

The CSS and South Pacific Intelligence

I'd like to have a serious discussion on the state of South Pacifican Intelligence and whether or not it fits into the CSS, given that Intelligence fits into the idea of Security.

I'd be in favor of adding Intelligence to the CSS. It's something that the SPSF and the CSS would work together on, in order to help TSP in the long run.

Cynosurian Councillor of Brilliance

Intel in NS isn't really something that works well as a formal organization, I think. It really just boils down to old players with connections leaking private conversations.

Eh. A good example of an Intel network would be TNI's operation they had.

I don't think this is a smart idea personally.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

(08-08-2015, 07:11 PM)Punchwood Wrote: I don't think this is a smart idea personally.

Why not?

It just doesn't seem right giving an already powerful group even more power. I believe the Intelligence department should belong to the SPSF. That's just my personal option of course, it could be changed.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

We need an entirely new and separate organization that does not fall under existing jurisdictions.
Darkstrait  :ninja:

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

"Hats is very fashion this year."

Honestly, I'm with Glen here. What exactly would an intel org do?

I wouldn't be opposed to letting the SPSF create one for their purposes, but having a region-wide one seems unneeded.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

"What exactly would an Intel org do?"

Infiltrate Prohibited Groups, and possibly a bit more but that's why we're having this conversation, and collect data that is wholly relevant to that specific group's info relating or regarding TSP.

This would require a few, probably numerous changes to the Charter and CSS, but it can work out.

Sounds good!
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)