We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Poll: What electoral system does your country use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Plurality
11.11%
3 11.11%
Majoritarian
25.93%
7 25.93%
Proportional
37.04%
10 37.04%
Mixed
18.52%
5 18.52%
Other
7.41%
2 7.41%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Survey – Electoral system

Question: What electoral system does your country use? Please explain.

Primary options: (see here for in-depth information)
  • Plurality
  • Majoritarian
  • Proportional
  • Mixed
  • Other

Example answer: Valkyria operates with a mixed-member proportional representation system for the National Assembly, but a majoritarian instant-runoff voting system for Chancellor.*

* A constitutional referendum will be held on 1 May 2018 that would create the office of President, who would be elected by a majoritarian instant-runoff voting system, if passed.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

Beepee uses multi-ward proportional system based on the Hagenbach-Bischoff quota system for both camera (120 seats lower, 24 seats upper)

Due to the large number of parties, The largest party then seeks a coalition government.

None. Elections and multipartitism are a counter-revolutionary ruse to divide the people.  Happywide
Brother Unclepear
Dear Leader of the Voodoo People's Republic of Bruuma

Representing also

El Pollo Diablo
Boss Maximo of the Estado Libre Asociado of Puerto Pollo

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Chairman Lo Pol
Core Leader of the People's Republic of Kai Fa

I think majorityism.?.?.?. Let me explain.
The Parliament elections are nationwide, and are first-pass-the-post. 500,000 votes gets you 1 seat in Parliament. However, 1 parlimentary member from each state is required.
Midwesterner. Political nerd. Chipotle enthusiast. 
Minister of Culture of the South Pacific // Former Prime Minister

(03-14-2018, 07:32 PM)North Prarie Wrote: I think majorityism.?.?.?. Let me explain.
The Parliament elections are nationwide, and are first-pass-the-post. 500,000 votes gets you 1 seat in Parliament. However, 1 parlimentary member from each state is required.

Majoritarianism is when a candidate needs a majority of votes (50%+1 vote). The system you are describing—first-past-the-post—is plurality, when you need the most votes to win.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

The two houses have IRV majoritarian and STV proportional.

The president is not directly elected, but instead decided by the two houses.
John Hills- President of Ausstan

Mixed- each state determines what process they use for the election of their Electors. Some do it where each member has a district, some do it where they use party list, and one uses a mixed system where 2/3rds are elected by the local parliament and 1/3rd are appointed by the monarch fo that same state.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

Members of the People's Council are elected via a majority system, and the high councillor is appointed by The Peony.

The Peony is not elected, but can be overthrown by the People's Council upon meeting several perquisites. Ministers are also chosen by the Peony, but can also be overthrown by the People's Council. Members of The People's Council changes every 2 years, and Those in a seat with the last number being odd, shall be changed in an odd year, as which would apply to those in a seat with the last number being even, in an even year.

Sent from my vivo 1714 using Tapatalk
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

Presidential election: The President of Bzerneleg is elected for a four-year term, directly by the people. Presidential elections in Bzerneleg use the two-round system in which in order to win the election, a candidate must obtain an absolute majority of votes (50%+1). If no candidate managed to obtain an absolute majority on the first ballot, the 2 candidates with the greatest number of votes will stand in the second ballot 14 days after the first ballot.

Legislative election: The House of Representatives and Senate of Bzerneleg use the First-past-the-post (FPTP) system in which the candidate who receives the most votes wins the election.

GI-Land got a mixed proportional system (OOC: so maybe I put my vote in the survey wrongly on "Mixed", although it's more "Proportional") which is based on Mixed-Member Proportional and STV.
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)