We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[FAILED] Security Council Emeriti

Dear fellow legislators:

For some time now, the CRS has had an issue when former members have a large influence and endorsements in-game but have resigned the their positions or have been removed for not meeting the requirements.

As such, I'd like to suggest the following addition to the Charter:

Quote:IX. THE COUNCIL ON REGIONAL SECURITY

Members Emeriti

14. Members who have previously held a seat on the Council on Regional Security will be available for the status of "Member Emeritus."

15. With the approval of the remaining council members, a nation designated as a member emeritus will be allowed to hold endorsements beyond the prescribed endorsement cap and may be given powers during a state of emergency.

16. A member emeritus shall not be considered a formal part of the Council on Regional Security, will have no access to private information and will not have a vote regarding council decisions.

17. At any time the council may vote to remove the status of members emeriti by a simple majority vote.

I think this is pretty straight forward, but welcome any questions or comments we might have.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Is there anything preventing the CSS from setting staggered caps?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

(04-02-2018, 10:25 AM)Kris Kringle Wrote: Is there anything preventing the CSS from setting staggered caps?

I haven't consulted the law, but I believe we could create whatever caps we like. Although, I'm not sure we could create caps for individual people. 

I'm also not sure we'd want to act a retiring player to do more work to stay with particular caps.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

If we're talking about a retiring user who won't even be able to keep within certain endorsement margins, do we really want to rely on them for coup fighting?

Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

(04-02-2018, 10:41 AM)Kris Kringle Wrote: If we're talking about a retiring user who won't even be able to keep within certain endorsement margins, do we really want to rely on them for coup fighting?

We're not relying on them; we're just not forcing them out.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

“Proscribed” -> “prescribed” Tounge

I think it would be nice to have this status as a congratulatory title, but it will also help if we could keep those influence powerhouses. So I fully support the idea.

I am opposed to this change.

Firstly, there is nothing requiring us to ban or even take action against a nation above the cap. We have full discretion to change and choose how to enforce the cap, we can even set multiple tiers if we want. There are no legal objections to just leaving DM as is and let his endos decay.

Secondly, as mentioned since he will be almost entirely inactive his nation will offer little value in a coup. At best, assuming his endorsements haven't decayed by the time a coup happens, he will be an influence sink to banject that might not even have been around to help in the first place.

(04-02-2018, 10:48 AM)Tsunamy Wrote:
(04-02-2018, 10:41 AM)Kris Kringle Wrote: If we're talking about a retiring user who won't even be able to keep within certain endorsement margins, do we really want to rely on them for coup fighting?

Who's forcing anyone out, though?

Legal Resources:

(04-02-2018, 10:54 AM)Kris Kringle Wrote:
(04-02-2018, 10:48 AM)Tsunamy Wrote:

Who's forcing anyone out, though?

Forcing them to drop endos, which, likely, would require leaving the region for an update.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Im with Far on this. Its not illegal for any nation to be above the cap, so long as the CRS deems them allowed to be above the cap. Kinda pointless to put this into law if there's no law stopping them from doing this anyway.
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium