We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Seen through the glass

She overviews the entire match behind reinforced glass, drinking hot chocolate and eating some crackers. Trying to maintain professionalism and grace from the raging excitement boiling inside of her.

The semi-finals of the South Pacific World Cup was a victory for the Peocracy and insisted her presence in Gi-Land. As the entire nation rumbles in glee for a score for losing the quarter-finals in the men's division, The Peony had some thoughts in her mind.

She's currently sitting next to Konig Gianluca IV, the young man that once paid for her cup of hot chocolate in Cafe Sonata, "what a cute and lovable young man, he's like a little puppy" she had thought, and indeed after the king himself had invited her to view the entire game with him, she had to oblige.

It was an exciting match, especially one to see with Vimmru II, the king of Sedunn and her counterpart. It is quite interesting for her to note that this particular match was one that reminds her of the events of old. It was unnerving yet exciting to see the games, and that she must place a great face when the camera shines towards her.

"Are you enjoying this, Jiejie?" She asked her sister, Rin, who was standing close to her as her personal defender.
"I am friends with Christina Kabutoyane myself, there are some times that we both meet for a jog, my Nuwang."
"Oh right, yeah, sometimes you play playstation with some of them as well no?"
"Indeed.. My Peony are you comfortable?"
"I am indeed."

It was a great honor for her to become the Konig's guests as well in his palace, she needed a great rest after watching such an exciting match, because tomorrow she would like to personally negotiate with some prospects the Gi-Lanndian state could provide, and to get more of those lovely cocoa, which she heard from whispers that Gianluca himself has a secret stash of the finest chocolate too.

"What a match, don't you think?" She asked her counterparts who watched the match with her.
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

"YES!"

Upon the first score The Peony shouted so loudly the entire room was at her. King Gianluca was incredibly surprised by the sudden change of emotions, and Rin closed her mouth with laughter. The Peony then retracted her fists and sat back down

"I beg your pardon" Said The Peony.

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

The Peony was indeed quite pleased with the women's team, shouting on the second goal to a point that she almost spilled her chocolate drink. And clapped at the hat trick of number 10.

She was utterly devastated at the loss of the men's in the quarter finals but at least this win was something to be cheerful about. She extended her hand to Vimmru II, who was feeling devastated and offered her hand to the Konig.

"Looks like both of us got something out of this huh?" She winked, she then saught for Rin.

"The Director of the PFA is present? Along with the Sports Ministry?"
"The Hong couple are also here as well, my Peony."
"Very well, let's congratulate our girls. Send for Miss Seol-Ah the minute she gets back as well."
"I'll communicate with your secretaries."

She looked at her two counterparts and made a soft clap while tilting her head.

"Shall we? Gentlemen?"

- Doraemon

It was a sunny day and there were over 80,000 people in the Atlantis Stadium, where the Gianlucian Leader will meet with the Peony and his Sedunnic counterpart Vimmru.
It's the final of the Women's FWC 2018 and although GI-Land already couldn't advance out of the group stage, it's self-explanatory that the host's head of state should show respect to the other nations and also watch the game of the finalists.
Although he prefers the rougher football of the Men, he's always fascinated by the technical filigree character of women's football and he had to admit it was nice to watch at times.
Another thing nice - no - funny to watch was the Peony during the game, being all excited, but always thinking she should stick to her code of conduct as a royalty. Gianluca really just wanted to pat her on the shoulder and tell her, she can have and express her fun freely and shouldn't be ashamed of it, but he remembered quickly that this isn't how it works. One bit of "unroyal" conduct and the boulevard press will make fun of her and the Gianlucian leader doesn't want that either.
So he just sat there, casually looking at his phone. When asked about the game's quality, he just nodded and admitted, it's a relatively good game, even though in reality he wasn't too pleased to see Sedunn lose. He betted on the games with some friends over a jersey and he said, if GI-Land wouldn't make it, Sedunn would and now the King had to see his victory chances coming to nothing.

When the game ended, he took a look at his phone once again, seeing if his friends would make sarcastically fun of him, but the Peony relatively quickly took up the baton for this meeting as it seems. This is of course a thing, he as a host, can't permit. At least not here in GI-Land.
"In a moment, honourable Peony. Maybe we'll see us in....". He takes a look at his watch.
"....in 15 minutes at the catacomb entrance? You can congratulate your team, maybe celebrate just a little, while I'll have a small talk on the telephone with Ms. Sanddorn and some other ministers if everything's ready in the palace.
He then turns to Vimmru, shakes his hand and says Goodbye to him. "We will talk on the phone about an extra meeting maybe, if you'd be open for it", he suggests smiling, before going into the stadium immediately calling all his ministers.
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

The Peony looked a bit surprised.

"Ah! Well I was under the impression that you would join us in congratulating, as being the host... But alright then, I'll see you in the catacomb entrance, milord." She looked around, and kept put her eyes on the man

The Peony made a graceful bow, with Rin bowing much lower. She then proceeded to meet up with her entourage, and as the podium celebrated the champions of the Female division with such cheer and confetti. The Peony shook the hands of all the players, while hanging a golden medallion with the engraving of a Peony, on each and every one of them, a symbol of courage and honor for those who won in the world cup.

"Congratulations, you've done our country a tremendous pride."
"Thank you My Nuwang." Said Huan Jia, the hero of the match
"My Nuwang" Mentioned Christina Kabutoyanne, number 71, "did you know that Huan Jia made a deal with her fiancé, Hong Kitae that if the Peocracy won the finals, they are to be married?"
"Christina, please!"
"Really Miss Huan? Hahahahahahaha."
The Peony laughed a bit, she then pulled her fan and closed her mouth, looking at Huan Jia's embarrassed face.
"Well he has got himself a tremendous woman," The Peony remarked.
"...I don't suppose that if we invited you to her wedding you'll accept it?" Asked Christina.
"Is that true Miss Huan?"
"Ummmm, if you're busy... I know, I know, it's a stupid ide--"
"Because I'd love to~"
"My Peony....." Huan Jia stood there fazed out, while Christina smiled at her childishness.

The Peony had also provided the mens with a small pin, the "dragon's pin" of service for making it to the quarter finals. After a photo and a clap of celebration with the players, The Peony left, brushing off the confetti that was sticking on her hair.

"What annoying things to litter about. I have to say." Remarked The Peony as she brushed off the confetti.
"You always hated cut paper, being thrown away like that."
"Its wasteful, but does it compare to the amazing feat we just achieved?"
"Well, if you put it that way."
"......It's still wasteful though."
"Meimei!" Chastised Rin.
"Hahahahahha" Laughed The Peony.

After a celebration, a toast with the team, and some exchange of words with the players. The Peony got out from the locker room and met the Konig.

"I had wished you would accompany me milord, it was such fun indeed~ Now, the sun's still up, what do you have in mind for me?"

- Doraemon

The talks on the telephone were suprisingly short. The King of Atlantis and Leader of GI-Land could go to the catacomb entrance quickly and waited for the Peony's arrival for good 7 minutes. Of course he thought about the offer of seeing the Peonic team and in retrospect, he should've done so, but now it's too late already.
The Peony approached him and of course, he could give his response immediately.

"Honourable Peony, we will now proceed to go to the biggest mosque here in Atlantis. It's near the Tropico Square and I got a surprise for you, how we'll get there! Please follow me!" 
His smile was bright all over his face as he expected a wonderful reaction of Huawan's head of state in a little moment. Gianluca led the Peony through the catacombs to an emergency exit, where some security staff for him and the beautiful woman were waiting for them. The group walked together out of the stadium to the nearest entrance of the Atlantic underground - a big white "U" on a blue square was showing, the staircase would lead to the turquoise trains. At the platform one of them was waiting, the conductor outside his cabin to see, if the people will go through all doors of the train and not just squeeze themselves into one entrance.
He bowed in front of his Leader and the foreign guest. "My Leader, I've expected you. Everything is prepared", he said.
Gianluca nodded and made a gesture towards the driver's cabine. "Honourable Peony, please enter the train and take a seat on the conductor's seat."
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

"You flatter us honorable Konig! I have heard from ambassador Li Ching of the mosque and had wanted to extend the invitation from The South Pacifican Muslim League currently based in The Peocracy. You read my mind."

The blue square of the stadium was filled with those that watched the games, particularly some Peonic expatriates laden with red and white, let it be face paint, body paint or an envelope of clothes. If not, then those who wore the multitude of Peonic traditional dresses and clothings may be perceived as fans.

The place isn't fully empty, and some fans who recognized their Nuwang came towards her with joy. She was almost like a celebrity to them, indeed sometimes being an editorial model has its perks. Rin suggested otherwise but The Peony asked Gianluca to allow the small members of the crowd to take pictures with her. He seems a bit reluctant, especially when at times the crowd took a picture of her with him in it.

She could barely control her excitement when she saw a turquoise train, and especially being led in to the conductor's seat. She couldn't really hide her enthusiasm as a ferroequinologist, the fancy word for train enthusiasts. She took out her fan and closes it to mask her face

"Ehem, oh really? You flatter me with such presents milord. Rin, if you'd like to join me too."

The Peonic guardians got inside the carriages with only The Nuwang, her milk sister, Gianluca and the conductor inside the driver's cab. She was quite aware of Peonic locomotives and has actually driven one herself, but she couldn't understand the Gi-Lanndian controls.

"Show me around, honorable conductor. Thank you for such a great gift, milord." She sat down on the conductor's seat, and in front of her a tunnel waiting to be explored.

"You're blushing Meimei." Whispered Rin.
"Stop it Rin."

- Doraemon

"So, let's see...", the conductor began in a thick German accent. He showed the national guest how to use the control lever, how to open and close the train's doors and which buttons are important for the announcements. After a voice told the passengers on the platform to step back from the train and after the Peony successfully closed the doors, the vehicle started moving with a high tone made by the train's transformators. She had only green signals ahead and could really drive the 70 km/h allowed. "Nächste Station: An der Ced" the announcer said to inform the passengers about the next stop. The conductor helped a bit to let the train stop in time and the doors opened again. "U3 nach Sonntagstraße - Einsteigen, bitte!". All are waiting for a good 30 seconds, before the next announcement got audible. "U3 nach Sonntagstraße - Zurückbleiben, bitte!". Again the doors closed after a high-pitched and fast-rhythmned warning signal came up. Securely the Peony could lead everyone to the next stop, to the Tropico Square, where the leaders were told goodbye from the conductor and in the end led by the security stuff to the mosque on the overground.

One of the imams, Hussein Al-Jamja, greeted his guests friendly and asked them inside. In a pretty blank room - only a wooden table, chairs and a tray with tea were present, he asked the head of states to sit down and enjoy a cup of tea with him.
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Aurora Markatt (Maura)

"What an exciting thing, never driven a multiple unit before. Especially like so, our networks are still under a tremendous upgrade."

The Peony got out of the drivers cabin and bid farewell to the conductor. Then waltzing alongside Gianluca towards the mosque. She took her scarf and tied it around her as she went over ground. Fully enveloping her head and neck.

She saw the mosque, it was large quite for a non-islamic country, at least in the capital city of Atlantis. She ordered her guardians to wear appropriate features. And was guided by the imam to the chambers.

"Ah Imam Al-Jamja, thank you for the tea, it is such an honor to meet the one who manages the mosque. How fares my islamic brothers and sisters in Gi-Land, is there amything that The South Pacific Muslim World.League can help?"

- Doraemon

Al-Jamja chuckled a little and politely declined that any help is needed. "Our glorious Leader gives us everything we need - and I don't mean that guy over there", he points to the Gianlucian leader and giggles a bit about that joke, that perhaps would have been seen as a little insulting, but there is no reason to let the situation escalate from Gianluca's perspective.
Yes, perhaps Al-Jamja doesn't have a good opinion of him, especially since this one interview where the Gianlucian leader considered a ban of burkas, not that many muslim women would wear them, and cutting money for mosques (and other worship buildings like churches or shrines) as he saw this money going to waste.
The Leader changed his mind over the last few months after the interview of course, but the relationship between the religious leaders of GI-Land and the country's head of state weren't starting to prosper again suddenly. 
Gianluca smiled the situation away and let the Peony and the imam talk a bit more.

"For real now, we - currently - don't have any monetary issues and GI-Land is one of the last countries on earth coming to mind to me when talking about persecution of religious people or things like that. All people here, whether the majority of the atheists and agnostics or the minority of believers of the abrahamistic and other religions and believes live in friendly coexistence to one another."
The imam takes a sip of his hot tea. "I mean, of course we have some differences or difficulties, when it comes to the conflict between politics and religion - we had one pretty......the elites would say "progressive" imam here, but it's nothing severe that we need help with from the Muslim League. Thank you though."

The Gianlucian head of state looks a bit confused about what Al-Jamja is reporting and needs to ask: "What do you mean with 'progressive'?"
The mosque member answered immediately with some annoyance in his eyes. "Well, he wanted to accept a homosexual marriage here and wanted to lift the divide between the men's and women's praying chambers - things like that."
The Atlantic king heard enough with that already and focused on being quiet for now until the Peony and the imam have finished their talks.
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Aurora Markatt (Maura)