We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Declaration of War on NPO

Given the recent events i think that we should put some thought into this.

Unnecessary. What would a war accomplish for our region? Not to mention we don't even have the adequate military resources. Just let regions that have the resources do it for us. You already see how bad it happened to our WA stats after the St Abbaddon war. (We lost 3 months of gain and it hasn't even recovered yet)
Chief Supervising Armchair
[-] The following 2 users Like USoVietnam's post:
  • Imperial Frost Federation, Rebeltopia

The new NPO administration shows signs to change the way of the NPO. As entertaining it would be for me to declare on them, it is senseless giving that they mostly abided by the demands of likes of Osiris. If they don't make progress to change their way in a satisfactory manner, we could talk. We should rather inquire what their long-term (read post-ED) plans are. 

Unless there are grave developments I am not aware of yet, it's a no.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kurnugia's post:
  • USoVietnam

But what would even be the point of that? War never gains anything; they didn't directly attack us, so we should stay out of it. We should denounce them, but also try and build relationships with other regions.
DylanPickle-

Owner of Harmakmis-Gordista and Carta-Agot

Legislator

A Cannibal of Pickles
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dillguy9's post:
  • USoVietnam

I think the key point here is that we should do what benefits TSP — regardless of how angry we are at the NPO, regardless of how gravely they violated regional sovereignty, and even regardless of whether they're changing their ways — the point is that we should do what benefits TSP.

I don't mean to sound isolationist — I have nothing against establishing or expanding TSP's diplomatic ties with other regions — but given that us declaring war wouldn't help any of our allies either (to the best of my knowledge), I see no point in declaring war.
[Image: flag%20of%20esfalsa%20animated.svg] Esfalsa | NationStatesWiki | Roleplay | Discord

[Image: rank_officer.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_2.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_3.min.svg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pronoun's post:
  • The Sakhalinsk Empire

(12-12-2018, 10:01 PM)islands_of_unity Wrote: Given the recent events i think that we should put some thought into this.

I'd like to listen to your opinion and reasoning on why you think we should declare war on the NPO.
[Image: VCUpXJI.png1]

BZERNELEG 

South Pacifican. Public Servant. Creator. In that order.

Official Thread • Lampshade Broadcasting Company • The Tsunamy Institution of the Law and Public Policy

[-] The following 2 users Like Bzerneleg's post:
  • Beepee, USoVietnam

I agree with PBV... what would be your justification for a war

NPO has very clearly violated the social contract they participated in by being one of our neighboring pacifics. They very clearly dont follow the rules we do, or even respect us enough to try to do so. In addition to being a point where we can recruit and rebuild the spsf, it is also a strong signal to not mess with our soveigrnty

(12-12-2018, 10:41 PM)Kurnugia Wrote: The new NPO administration shows signs to change the way of the NPO. As entertaining it would be for me to declare on them, it is senseless giving that they mostly abided by the demands of likes of Osiris. If they don't make progress to change their way in a satisfactory manner, we could talk. We should rather inquire what their long-term (read post-ED) plans are. 

Unless there are grave developments I am not aware of yet, it's a no.

Funny. May I remind you of the New Lazarene Order in 2015? Or the People's Republic of Lazarus, founded in 2013, a state which Pergamon admitted to it being an NPO client state? And the ages-old tradition of infiltrating TNP? Our ally in the north has been invaded and infiltrated ever since antiquity (aka, the last decade and a half).

The day the NPO changes is one I would like to expect with open arms, but do not see coming. However, we do not have a proper casus belli nor the sufficient manpower to go to war. Shame. Would proscription be better? May I remind this Assembly that we still have that power?
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

(12-13-2018, 05:29 PM)Ryccia Wrote: Funny. May I remind you of the New Lazarene Order in 2015? Or the People's Republic of Lazarus, founded in 2013, a state which Pergamon admitted to it being an NPO client state? And the ages-old tradition of infiltrating TNP? Our ally in the north has been invaded and infiltrated ever since antiquity (aka, the last decade and a half).

The day the NPO changes is one I would like to expect with open arms, but do not see coming. However, we do not have a proper casus belli nor the sufficient manpower to go to war. Shame. Would proscription be better? May I remind this Assembly that we still have that power?

They haven't been here long enough to know those events. I do agree with proscription, but stay away from war. Be prepared, but do not engage unless they make a move.
DylanPickle-

Owner of Harmakmis-Gordista and Carta-Agot

Legislator

A Cannibal of Pickles