We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[OOC] The AI Debate

After briefly discussing this on Discord, I think we should get this started. However, there are a few things that we must do:
  • Determine the location of the debate
  • Determine who shall moderate
  • Determine who shall participate
I think that it would be great for Stream to co-host the debate and have three moderators from three different countries (e.g. a moderator from KTN News). Two participants from Valkyria will be Evangeline Bennett (CEO of Bennett Technologies and anti-AI) and Ryan Ripley (CEO of Oscorum Group and pro-AI).
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
[-] The following 2 users Like Jay Coop's post:
  • Beepee, Qwert

Cool idea!

The Stream founder is a funny guy who'd love to host the debate. The Stream headquarters is located in Sedunn, but the company is global, so the debate could be anywhere. OOCly I don't think I will have the time to moderate as the Stream founder though (but I'd be open to having someone else "play" the character).

I think two participants (with any relevant background/strong opinions) per nation would be great.
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

[-] The following 1 user Likes Qwert's post:
  • Jay Coop

Antarcha's Dennis Holt (founder and CEO of Holt Enterprises) would love to participate, as well as renown Astrophysicist Vanja Messmann.
[-] The following 1 user Likes phoenixofthesun14's post:
  • Jay Coop

(01-01-2020, 09:15 AM)Qwert Wrote: Cool idea!

The Stream founder is a funny guy who'd love to host the debate. The Stream headquarters is located in Sedunn, but the company is global, so the debate could be anywhere. OOCly I don't think I will have the time to moderate as the Stream founder though (but I'd be open to having someone else "play" the character).

I think two participants (with any relevant background/strong opinions) per nation would be great.

I might enlist one of KTN's newswriters, such as Allie Vega, to co-moderate the debate.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jay Coop's post:
  • Qwert