We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[Discussion] Revisiting the Commonwealth Act

So, it's come up in (admittedly, often flippant) discussion several times recently, so I thought I'd bring this before the Assembly once more. Is there any appetite for forming some sort of confederation out of our various (practical) regions with the possibility of extending it into a defender confederacy in the future?

The last draft of the original act was to be found here. It was... kinda divisive and then Cormac ripped into it for good measure. Ha ha. Ha. Crying

Anyway, I just thought it might be an interesting discussion in line with our thoughts on a Defender WA bloc and the idea if leading in Democratic DefenderismTM. I wouldn't mind seeing something like the AA where TSP acts as a kind of security structure for burgeoning UCRs.

Note, noone is forcing anything through the Assembly at this point (not that that's how the Assembly works anyway, but still, it might need saying)! I just want to see where people's thoughts are on this and if it might ever be something we seriously explore.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8
[-] The following 2 users Like Seraph's post:
  • Amerion, Somyrion

This will have to be discussed at a Cabinet-level. I think we first should establish whether there is any interest abroad to be part of this venture.

I do quite like the thought of it.

I was also thinking of a sort of UCR-creation support thingy, where we help people setup their own regions.

It'd be interesting having a feeder that was genuinely pro-UCR, regardless.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8
[-] The following 1 user Likes Seraph's post:
  • Amerion

I'm interested to hear what our foreign policy gurus have to say?

How exactly will this work?
Chief Supervising Armchair
[-] The following 1 user Likes USoVietnam's post:
  • Roavin

That could be a very good way to help people be interested in NS and make new friends and Gain allies.
This is Penguin!!
Nothing Gold Can Stay
Penguins shall one day rule the pie!
And by "pie", I mean "World"!!
Goddess Empress Queen Princess Lady of TSP 
Lilium Inter Spinas // Non timebo mala
I have done a lot of things in the Region in my History.
There's a list somewhere if you wanna go looking. 

I have always loved the idea. I think the idea of imperialist defenders is so well American that I can't help but love it.

Practically speaking, though, if this might be a way we could help some UCR and drive defenderism and activity ... I'd be all for it.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tsunamy's post:
  • Seraph

It'd create defenderist regions, we'd gain more allies, we'd get to spread our ideologies, and we'd get more active nations in NS!!!

This is brilliant!!!!

I was wondering though, would this be a MoFA thing, or would we have a whole Department of experienced 'fenda nations, with experience in gov't as well, that would be sent out to help these developing regions?
Local Councillor (3/15/20 - 6/23/20)
Deputy Minister of Educational Affairs (2/19/20 - 4/9/20)
Senior Fellow of Integration (12/20/20 - 2/19/20)
Fellow (1/12/19 - ~10/14/20) 
Ambassador to Osiris and TWP (4/3/20 - 7/8/20)
Legislator (1/19/19 - 11/1/21)
Chair of the Assembly (6/23/20 - 9/3/20)
Secretary of State (7/8/20 - 2/4/21 | 6/14/21 - 11/1/21) 
Deputy of Media (2/14/21 - 11/1/21)
Ambassador to TNP and Lazarus  (6/14/21 - 10/22/21)
MoE Leadership (10/14/20 - 11/1/21)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rabbitz's post:
  • North Prarie

(06-13-2020, 09:39 AM)Tsunamy Wrote: I have always loved the idea. I think the idea of imperialist defenders is so well American that I can't help but love it.

Practically speaking, though, if this might be a way we could help some UCR and drive defenderism and activity ... I'd be all for it.

If anything, this puts me off the idea Tounge
[-] The following 3 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Jebediah, Seraph, Somyrion

(06-13-2020, 11:27 AM)Amerion Wrote:
(06-13-2020, 09:39 AM)Tsunamy Wrote: I have always loved the idea. I think the idea of imperialist defenders is so well American that I can't help but love it.

If anything, this puts me off the idea Tounge
Uh, ok then...Amerion! This proposal will be about shutting up, helping poor people, not being racist, and liking green energy! About as non-American as you can get!
Midwesterner. Political nerd. Chipotle enthusiast. 
Minister of Culture of the South Pacific // Former Prime Minister
[-] The following 2 users Like North Prarie's post:
  • Amerion, Seraph