We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[OOC] A1-0 Discussion

Hello there!

This thread is meant as a place for discussion so that we can form a consensus on aspects of precursor races and ancient humanity.

Precursor:
It would be a good idea to agree as to what the precursors did and what their capacities were. For example: did they build dyson spheres? Halos? Ring worlds? If so would they have left some of them to be able for the younger races to grab themselves? For example if a ring world or dyson sphere were to be discovered in neutral space, perhaps some of our nations would fight for control over it. Names and species suggestions are always welcome.

Now of course this may become to close to godmodding as it would grant some nations godly powers compared to the rest. Or for a ring world, be such a grand project that it wouldn't be economically feasible for one of our nations. I suggest that some of these may be found around the sector, but they need to be destroyed beyond repair and eventual research which can be gained from it, shouldn't make the nation that found it too powerful.

Example: your nation finds an old terraforming station which improves your knowledge about terraforming processes. This would be a fine example in my book. If you were to find an ancient robot factory and were able to plug it back in and generate an enormous military numerical advantage shouldn't be fine. Instead the factory would be devastated, but you can gain some tech that grant you more efficient robot and or a few prototypes, which should take decades to fully decipher. What is your opinion on this?

It should also go without saying that any of these precursor "events" shouldn't take place too often as to not disrupt a certain balance.

Ancient Humanity:
If you know a little bit of the nation I RP as, than you know that they have an ever lasting quest to "reunite" with their old Terran brethren. Since multiple nations have humans in them, it should be addressed on how they got there. Stoinians come from a colony ship gone astray, Ryccians from long lost colony world, humans in the Drakari share a similar fat as the Stoinians. It is agreed upon that no one can RP as the human nation and therefore suggest that that nation has fallen in one of the precursor wars and humans have since then survived, but what about Earth or Pacifica? Should the planet still be within our sector or even having been destroyed? Having the ancient homeworld of humanity in our sector could indeed prove interesting for RP and potential geopolitical implications, but might be quite hard to agree upon with multiple people. Hence why we may want it to not be within sector A1-0. Anyways I am more than curious to hear what you guys have to say as I based my nation from RL Earth, but you guys may say that Pacifica (planet of main RP) is instead the homeworld of humanity in the Lampshade galaxy. So shoot away!
Pacifica: MyriaSallodesia, Stoinia • A1-0: Stoinian Star Kingdom • Aurora: Kingdom of Threnebor
[-] The following 3 users Like Maverick's post:
  • Klô, Pax Dracon, Qwert

I would say that in our little sector of the galaxy, mainly humans had some kind crude of control over some star systems (which would be up to the plot owner), relatively recently, like a couple of thousand years ago or so. They lost control as either their civilisation collapsed, or somehow the means how they ended up in our sector didn't work any more. I'm thinking they originated from a world far far away, that we can't interact with. Maybe it's in another galaxy? I'd be fine with keeping it open/unknown. I'd prefer if they never left any working superstructures like dyson spheres, and I don't think we should have such structures in the sector yet, for a more fair roleplay. Destroyed structures would be fine as long as it doesn't give unfair advantages. Finding structures like this could be up to the plot owner.
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

[-] The following 1 user Likes Qwert's post:
  • Maverick

Ancient Humanity:
Well I agree that leaving it to mystery is the best solution. But I would say that it was indeed within the galaxy, but that might just be me. But alas, the premise is there that it is left to mystery which is fine by me. And since many many years ago the sector was at least partially controlled by humans, it would grant everyone to have the opportunity to host humans. Their origins and how they got there be left in some part to mystery.

Megastructures:
I agree that we should leave these out as much as possible as to put everyone within the same playing field and refrain from OP stuff compared to other players. Let alone the potential in godmodding or some capacity of it. But I am still fine on beginning to construct it, but it wouldn't be able to be fully constructed within a reasonable time frame (something like 20 years). Megastructures being: dyson spheres, wing worlds around stars (would be fine with rings around worlds like Kuat Drive Yards), matter decompressor (like in Stellaris) or anything that is more insane than the afore mentioned megastructures.
Pacifica: MyriaSallodesia, Stoinia • A1-0: Stoinian Star Kingdom • Aurora: Kingdom of Threnebor
[-] The following 2 users Like Maverick's post:
  • Pax Dracon, Qwert