We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] Nomination of Phoenix to the Legislator Committee

PRESS RELEASE

[Image: v1Wgfs1.png]

Nomination of Phoenix to the Legislator Committee

19 September 2020

Fellow South Pacificans,

In accordance with article 1, clause 2 of the Legislator Committee Act, the Cabinet is pleased to announce the nomination of Phoenix to serve on the Legislator Committee.

Phoenix is a former Chair of the Assembly and current Minister of Military Affairs. Under her leadership, the SPSF has risen to new heights of activity and excitement, fielding the largest consistent update force in years. The Cabinet is happy to appoint this up and coming leader in TSP and NationStates overall to a position where her skills will be exemplified. Phoenix abstained on the vote on her appointment.

The Cabinet submits Phoenix, an exemplary leader, for consideration and approval by the Assembly, and sincerely hope that the Assembly is as fond of her as we are.

Faithfully yours,

The Cabinet

[Image: AgbOHUt.png]
Midwesterner. Political nerd. Chipotle enthusiast. 
Minister of Culture of the South Pacific // Former Prime Minister
[-] The following 3 users Like North Prarie's post:
  • Farengeto, Seraph, Somyrion

Why did the Cabinet choose to nominate one of their own? Is this not inherently a conflict of interest?
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

(09-19-2020, 11:48 PM)Belschaft Wrote: Why did the Cabinet choose to nominate one of their own? Is this not inherently a conflict of interest?

Before Nakari's resignation as PM and LegComm member, Phoenix was one of her recommendations as a successor in LegComm, which played a role in the nomination process.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
[-] The following 2 users Like Jay Coop's post:
  • North Prarie, Somyrion

Is Phoenix over the age of 18?

(09-20-2020, 12:07 AM)Amerion Wrote: Is Phoenix over the age of 18?

I hope you're joking.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Qaweritoyu's post:
  • Indusse

It seems like he is joking. Phoenix will be a good choice.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Indusse's post:
  • Qaweritoyu

(09-20-2020, 07:08 AM)Indusse Wrote: It seems like he is joking. Phoenix will be a good choice.

I assume so because she's older than me.

I will motion this for a vote when it’s time to. I've only known Phoenix for a short time. What I can I say is she has been a huge help in getting me settled in here in TSP. I believe she will continue to help more new people when they join our region!
Hosting a lampshade party somewhere near you!
Legislator of The South Pacific since September 4, 2020-
Serving as a voice for the people!

I’ve always known Phoenix to be very friendly, helpful, and patient. These are all qualities that we’d want for a member of the Legislator Committee, and I have no doubt in my mind that she’ll do an excellent job of welcoming newcomers to the South Pacific should we confirm this nomination.

Support.

I am fully in favour of this. Phoenix has the enthusiasm and technical knowledge to do really well on the Legislator Committee. (And can confirm that I suggested Phoenix when I resigned.)