We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[OOC] Leader's Debate

According to Resolution 6, Section C, the Speaker of the Assembly may schedule a Leader's Debate. I believe this can be a fun activity for the end of the year. Since a lot of people might have some time, thanks to a lot of mandated days off in a lot of countries to participate in such an activity. And I hope this can become a tradition to hold this Leader's Debate toward the end of the year, as it could act as a reflexion on what happened during the previous year, and set the table for the new year.

More information would follow of course if people are interested to participate in such an activity. This would also be the closing activity of my tenure as Speaker of the Assembly for this term. It would also be a good way for me to personally be involved more in the RP that I unfortunately didn't had the time to do much lately, but I have the chance of having some days offs coming in the near future so I'll probably be able to organise such an activity. Of course if people are ready to give a helping hand, it is very much welcomed.
[-] The following 5 users Like Klô's post:
  • GI-Land, Hammerstar, Imperial Frost Federation, Qwert, Tin the Free

I would definitely be interested in a leader's debate. It would be best that we divvy it up by committees and problems. Starting with opening statement from committee leaders, and then we could go with some topics.

But it's mostly gonna be dialogue I think, not much exposition
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains
[-] The following 4 users Like Hammerstar's post:
  • GI-Land, Klô, Qwert, Tin the Free

should be pretty fun!
Fire Fire Fire Empress of Fire  Fire Fire Fire
Current Minister of Military Affairs
Chair Perch of the Assembly (February to June 2020)
SPSF Soldier
MoRA Fellow
Ambassador to Forest and Lazarus
[-] The following 4 users Like phoenixofthesun14's post:
  • Hammerstar, Klô, Qwert, Tin the Free

Hello everyone,

I see that there is true interest into participating in this 2020 Leaders Debate. Trying to follow the rules of the resolution, I have created this FORM which I kindly ask you to fill, for it will help me establish a schedule which seems feasible and reasonable to allow the best participation of all the interested people.

Of course, it is not mandatory to participate, but you have to be a member or an observer state by the time we open the floor of the General Assembly. If people wish to participate but are not in the World Forum nor don't want to be a member of the World Forum, we may be able to find a solution, I have a few in mind.

With that, roll call to all roleplayers who wish to participate this year!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQ...sp=sf_link
[-] The following 2 users Like Klô's post:
  • GI-Land, Qwert

(For a reminder of the entirety of the rules: https://tspforums.xyz/thread-6568-post-1...#pid177304)

The purpose of the Leaders Debate is to
  • Identify the issues that each state is concerned about,
  • Allow for civil debate to occur between states on various issues, and
  • Find consensus solutions to the concerning issues of each state.
Initial speeches are limited to 1500 words. Replies are limited to 1000 words. I suggest that initial speeches are made before any replies happen.

I know that there are orders and such, but to make sure anyone who wants to participate, I suggest we divert a little bit from this rule and anyone who wishes to give an initial speech does so.

I think, one month is more than enough time for everyone to have pondered on whether they want to make an initial speech or not.
I would suggest moving on to the responses, IF there is still interest in the debate.

If there are no responses to the thread until the European end of Monday, 08 February 2021, I'll consider the Leader's Debate to be over and closed.
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)