We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Trading routes, roads, and rails of TSP

I can't believe we don't have this yet. Can I be the one who's making the trading routes?

-Coming Soon-
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

Oh dear god no.

Oh, shush, Henn. If Hammerstar wants to spend the amount of time it'll take to keep this updated, then I don't see why not.
Darkstrait  :ninja:

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

"Hats is very fashion this year."

I think it seems like a good idea.
The Lord of Space and Protector of the TARDIS Keys of
The Solar System Scope

(07-05-2015, 09:55 PM)Hammerstar Wrote: I can't believe we don't have this yet. Can I be the one who's making the trading routes?

-Coming Soon-

Great idea! As long as you don't draw things in nations without asking first or without a submission from each nation.
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

The roads, rails and trading routes are based off from international developments. If we really did make the international highway thing, I'd be drawing it in the latest map.

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

So, this is what I've come up with.

The maps of TSP made into like this.

[Image: lJHULHI.png]
The legend:

Magenta: Air Cargo
Orange: Roads
Blue: Railroads

What do you think I should improve?

- Doraemon

I'd suggest adding more character to the lines. Make the Magenta lines be straight lines, and keep in mind the terrain when making the Orange and Blue lines. Not all roads and railroads are going to be completely straight, and will occasionally have a bend or curve in them. However there needs to be a sense of randomness involved, enough that people don't see a set pattern in how often the roads curve or how long the railroad bends are.

Make sense?

I understand everything you said until randomness. What do you mean by that?

- Doraemon

(07-06-2015, 12:20 PM)Qwert Wrote:
(07-05-2015, 09:55 PM)Hammerstar Wrote: I can't believe we don't have this yet. Can I be the one who's making the trading routes?

-Coming Soon-

Great idea! As long as you don't draw things in nations without asking first or without a submission from each nation.

I agree it can be useful for RP. However, in such case it would be crucial to have the nations ask you what kind of roads they want (land/air/sea), and even what cities would be involved midway. Also, you could work together with the requesting nations in regards of the roads planning.

(07-06-2015, 01:56 PM)Hammerstar Wrote: I understand everything you said until randomness. What do you mean by that?

I guess he meant following up the maps' topography sometimes, so the roads don't become mere straight lines.

"Find a way or make one."

Better known as Bon.