We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] Accession of Kys

Esteemed Delegations,

In compliance with Clause 12 of the Charter I refer to this Council the accession application of the Federation of Kys. I have found it to be in good standing and I have verified that its application has been adequately filled.

Carlo Bazzoli
Secretary General

Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

A middle-aged man entered the Southern Council chamber. He looked everywhere, admiring the cleanliness and polished appearance of the walls and the desks. Jeffrey Vale had seen the chamber on television, but he had never actually been there. He walked down the stairs until he reached the front of the hemicycle, placed his briefcase on top of the desk reserved for the Kringalian Ambassador and took off his coat.

The Ambassador sat down and waited until all his colleagues had arrived. In the meantime, he had been reading an intelligence brief on the deteriorating relations between Kys and Vercopa. This problem had not been very noteworthy in Kringalia, where the public was more concerned about its own growing terrorism, but President Wilcox has taking the issue very seriously. Jeffrey had been appointed to succeed Michael Stork as Permanent Representative with the explicit mandate to sort out the problem with Kys.

He intended to do just that.

"My fellow ambassadors, I believe the deteriorating situation with Vercopa has proven beyond doubt that our world is not yet as safe as we hoped it would be, after the last major war. Those nations that practice democracy and hope for peaceful relations must work together and ensure that such a world comes to be. I come here to say that the Republic of Kringalia is preliminarily favourable to the accession of Kys, but would like to invite its representative to speak before its Council and explain its reasoning for desiring to join our Organisation."

Jeffrey Vale
Permanet Representative
Republic of Kringalia
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

The representative, an Irykian by ethnicity, was Utavuk Itsuuik. He was getting ready to speak to the Council in an important accession for Kys.

"My fellow Pacificans, it is an honor to be here. Our wish to join the SCO was awakened for to not only join such a prestigious organization, but also to help in the global efforts of peace. SCO is a global peace juggernaut, and by setting an example, it forced Ryccia to sit in the negotiation table, and although it did not result, it could had been worse. And the agreement by itself could had worked for both sides. Ryccia just didn't follow through"

"We also feel threatened by Vercopia. Its slave trades and the fact that it is a threat to our sovereignty is unacceptable. We must work together to stop this menace"
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

Karnetvor's representative, Anna Wong, sat at her desk. She, a Karnetvorian with Awesomiasan descent, had been appointed as Permanent Representative to replace Randall Gadyrov, as he was appointed as Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs by Minister Kyrzinski. She was nervous, as this was her most important assignment yet. She read her notes one last time, and spoke.

"I certainly think Kys would be a valuable member to this Organization, and I'm supportive of their accession. However, there are some questions I, and Karnetvor, would like to know the answers to.

First, some months ago, there were anti-Karnetvorian protests and riots in the Siculite Islands. They got so serious that we had to evacuate our citizens. What has been done by the Federation since then to stop these kinds of incidents? What has been done to encourage tolerance and tackle xenophobic ideas?

Second, we would like to know the state of Kys' economy, to see if it's sustainable, unlike the Ryccian economy."

Anna Wong
Permanent Representative to the Southern Cooperation Organization
Federal Republic of Karnetvor
RandomGuy199
Representative of the Federal Republic of Karnetvor
Resident Venezuelan/Lampshade Bar & Grill Manager- The South Pacific
Soldier, South Pacific Special Forces

"You're talkin' to the Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin', wheelin' n' dealin', limousine ridin', jet flyin', son of a gun, and I'm having a hard time keeping these alligators down!"

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair

"Well, the Federal Government, along with the provincial Siculitian government, started a tolerance campaign, however the nationalist side also runs its campaign, mostly supported by conservatives, nationalists and indigenous groups, so getting rid of anti-Karnetvorian sentiments in the islands will take a long time. Some estimate that it could take entire generations, while others say just one generation or a few decades. We are deeply sorry"

"Our economy is stable, specializing in the technology, fishery, agriculture, manufacturing, service, wood farming, industry, banking, textile, tourism, weapons and minerals extraction in all the territories of the Federation. These industries do not apply to all, since every territory has its specialities"
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

"Well, it does seem that your economy is stable.

About the first point, it doesn't seem that Kys has done enough to tackle xenophobia. While we appreciate your apology, being sorry isn't enough. If we hadn't evacuated our citizens, it is possible a tragedy would have happened. The people must be taught that language, customs, religion, or, in this case, a grudge that has lasted for too long, are no reasons to antagonize anybody. Of course, hateful people and groups will insist on using violence and intimidation to destroy their 'enemies'. They must be dealt with, and stopped from spreading their agenda.

As a Karnetvorian-Awesomiasan, I know the consequences of intolerance firsthand. My great grandparents were discriminated against when they moved to Karnetvor. Intolerance and nationalistic ambitions caused the Great War. We allowed an ultranationalist group to take power, and we got eight years of dictatorship as a result. They were deposed in a brutal civil war, and when we thought everything was solved, we allowed ideological discrimination to continue, getting an additional year of war because of it. That's why I know you should not let intolerance thrive. Children should be educated to tolerate and respect others, no matter how different they may be. Spread a message of tolerance in the media. Don't let the haters keep hating.

Karnetvor must know that Kys will do anything in its power to combat xenophobia and intolerance, be it against Karnetvorians or anyone else."

Anna Wong
Permanent Representative to the Southern Cooperation Organization
Federal Republic of Karnetvor
RandomGuy199
Representative of the Federal Republic of Karnetvor
Resident Venezuelan/Lampshade Bar & Grill Manager- The South Pacific
Soldier, South Pacific Special Forces

"You're talkin' to the Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin', wheelin' n' dealin', limousine ridin', jet flyin', son of a gun, and I'm having a hard time keeping these alligators down!"

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair

"While we understand this, we cannot just simply silence the opposition. The Constitution of the Siculite Islands guarantess freedom of speech. No matter how hateful their message is, unless they aren't committing a crime, the message itself is not criminal"

"We are trying in the media and schools, putting up posters in the streets and so on. But if we silence them, we silence the indigenous minorities, which, apart from being unconstitutional, would create a scandal. A huge one"

First: While Kys had every right to defend its borders and sovereignty, we do believe that the recent situation that led to the military of Kys firing on vessels from Vercopa could have been handled differently and better. We do not say that they acted incorrectly, as the circumstances were such that the Vercopians' intentions could not be determined, but we do believe that the military of Kys should have attempted to intercept and force the Vercopans out before taking them out completely. We would like representative Itsuuik to comment on this. Also, what actions does representative Itsuuik believe are to be taken against Vercopa?

Second: We would like to know if there are any internal problems in Kys that may affect its international relations.

Tunne Revvalu
Representative to the SCO
Kingdom of Sedunn
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

"Our action is entirely justified. Not only we warned the craft to go away or face fire, the craft came armed, our sources say. We even sent navy ships to make a presence, saying: 'You are not welcome here', before firing. Vercopia knows that sending a ship through Kysian waters is suicide. Anything Vercopian is not welcome in Kys, and they know that"

"We do not know the craft's intentions, reasons or motives to come armed. If it was from another nation, we could had handled the situation peacefully. However, if it was considerably armed, we would had bombed it as well"

"Apart from the Slavotoli terrorists we are taking care of with considerable, success, there are not any violent disturbances in our nation. We ask that Sedunn understand this"

"I must personally add that I applaud the good relationship Irykia enjoys with Vastraenn and Sedunn. As an Irykian, we see Vastraenn as a close friend, a good neighbor. As an Irykian, I am proud of our healthy relations"

Sedunn will not condemn Kys for its actions against the Vercopians. Please do use caution not to escalate the situation further.

I am a little curious, what it is that Sedunn shall understand exactly?

I agree, the Sedunno-Irykian relations are good. In times of regional instability, instead of burning bridges, we have built new.

Tunne Revvalu
Representative to the SCO
Kingdom of Sedunn
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator