We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Philosophical Question: What would you change about the world?

Question for philosophical discourse:

What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
~Lady Elaine Elysium

Elysian Pastures

Does entropy count?
The Third Imperium
Journalist, South Pacific Independent News Network (SPINN)

Provost, Magisterium
Sergeant, East Pacific Sovereign Army
Journalist, East Pacific News Service

Foreign Affairs Minister, The West Pacific

Out of anything?

Human nature.

How many idiots live in it, and the legality to let them be accountable for their actions... (ie: they cant sue cause they spilled coffee on themselves that was hot)
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

(05-16-2014, 08:11 AM)Farengeto Wrote: Out of anything?

Human nature.
I agree with Farengeto on this.

I think that'd be a double edged sword.
The Third Imperium
Journalist, South Pacific Independent News Network (SPINN)

Provost, Magisterium
Sergeant, East Pacific Sovereign Army
Journalist, East Pacific News Service

Foreign Affairs Minister, The West Pacific

Many of our issues come from aspects of human nature that were beneficial to human survival and evolution, but have proven to be terrible for civilization.

I don't think it is as easy as saying "human nature". I think humans, at their very core, care about other humans. Once you introduce money into the equation, human nature gets completely overridden by the need for more money; this is most glaring to me in politics. Members of the government (especially the US) are more worried about how THEY look, and how much money THEY have. Politicians are supposed to represent what the people want, and what the people need. Government's main role is to help people . A politician's main goal is to make themselves the best, and make sure they keep their power. The needs of many are overridden by the needs of few in the name of holding office, and getting paper (the green kind).
United States of Kalukmangala

Former High Court Justice

Would make the world teach responsibility to youth enstead of entitlement, The world owes you NOTHING! It is you who owes the world to be the best you can be.

I would like to take world back to a partnership mind set as compared to a dominant mind set.

I will wait to see off questions/opinions come out after this post.
My one and only Minion is Rebs.
Now to reclaim my crown.
It is a location joke.
All those who wander are not always lost...
The voices inside of my head get along with the monsters under my bed that do bone dances with the skeletons in my closet while the disco ball hangs by a thread...
one of the1st Delegates of TSP...she went crazy..naw she was already bonkers...