We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Christmas Advent Calendar 2016 - Day 5

[Image: oSkO9mN0mx5TDd7HnVEKAfL896TculDL8V7fyCaI...CI3f2LhkZj]

Behind the today's door on the Advent Calendar... All your favourite Christmas songs and carols!

Please share them, preferably as a youtube video, below.

(Karaoke and other personal recordings are also acceptable, especially if they're silly.)

I'll take the opportunity to share one of my all time favourite carols sung by one of my all time favourite artists:

God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen - Annie Lennox
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

I'm out here on my own to face the day alone I need you to get me through the night...
- Winner of 'Most Energetic Campaign' in the June 2016 TSP elections.
- Winner of the Best Overall RMB poster and [b]Best RMB Welcomer of the The South Pacific Coconut Awards, 2017[/b]
- Craziest Person of the June 2017 Cabinet 
- STARS Commander 

- APC -  normal member/The undisputed king of all silliness, eternal ruler and God Emperor of APC
- Swan Knight or something
 Cob Award Winner: Top-50 most endorse buttons clicked
- Regional Leda Award Winner: Top-50 highest average endorsement count
Video 
I think, my favourite christmas song is a classical folk music song.
"Kling, Glöckchen"

Futhermore I like "Stille Nacht, Heilige Nacht" and...

"Leise rieselt der Schnee".
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

I can also offer this:

O, Little Town of Bethlehem - Seraph

I've been wanting to do a recording of that since last Christmas. The melody is one I know from a number of other hymns and at least one modern carol, but I thought it would fit these words well, so I gave it a try.

(My apologies that it's not especially silly, although I do have a cold, so singing anything might be considered rather silly).
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Nice song Smile
(haven't imagined your voice and your face like this)
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

Here's some Venezuelan Christmas carols. I'm pretty sure most people in my country know them by heart, including myself Tounge

[spoiler=Niño Lindo][/spoiler]

Besides those two, the following songs have a special place in my heart. From the Rudolph Christmas Special from the 60's, which, as I mentioned two days ago, I have watched with my family every year since I was a little kid:

RandomGuy199
Representative of the Federal Republic of Karnetvor
Resident Venezuelan/Lampshade Bar & Grill Manager- The South Pacific
Soldier, South Pacific Special Forces

"You're talkin' to the Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin', wheelin' n' dealin', limousine ridin', jet flyin', son of a gun, and I'm having a hard time keeping these alligators down!"

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair

Not a favorite one .. but "Last Christmas" is my most hated one by far, so much so that I actively avoid places to make sure I don't hear it. >_>
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

Not my favourite, but one of the classics.

Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

(12-06-2016, 03:34 PM)Roavin Wrote: Not a favorite one .. but "Last Christmas" is my most hated one by far, so much so that I actively avoid places to make sure I don't hear it. >_>
I rewrote Last Christmas for the last Christmas the call centre I worked in (in the same store I work now) would be open.

Last Christmas we answered your calls,
But the very next day
You called back to complain.
This year, to save us from tears,
We'll send you to Marks and Spencer! (Spencer)

You're very welcome, Ro. [emoji14]