We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[OOC] General Discussion Thread

A place for general WF related discussion.
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

[-] The following 1 user Likes Qwert's post:
  • phoenixofthesun14

We should probably post somewhere that players with multiple memberships, such as myself, are only allowed one real vote (an OOC rule if you like). I usually only use Sedunn and just ignore Transsuneria.

Also, I think we should establish a template for how to post in the IC threads, like where to write names and when.
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

[-] The following 3 users Like Qwert's post:
  • GI-Land, Imperial Frost Federation, Jay Coop

I agree, even though Termina and the Empire are separate entities ICly there’s a definite possibility for rpers to get a free vote. So it would be best mitigate potential abuses in the rp
[-] The following 1 user Likes Imperial Frost Federation's post:
  • GI-Land

I second this proposal, mainly because I was thinking about letting Snolland join and already having seen, things could get weird, if I'd voted with both.
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)
[-] The following 1 user Likes GI-Land's post:
  • Imperial Frost Federation

As a general situation, unless the matters directly require that the nation in question vote, any secondary vote should be treated as an observer instead imho

EDIT: Here are some real-world examples in the real UN

The People's Republic of China and The Republic of China (Taiwan)

Israel and Palestine

The Holy See (Vatican City)
~~Rose~~
You may know me as Eggraria!
Roleplayer and Writer

Minister of Culture
Legislator

Office of WA Legislation Staff
Roleplayer - the State of Eggraria

Citizen of The South Pacific above all else.

[-] The following 1 user Likes rosaferri's post:
  • Imperial Frost Federation

In the Q+A section of the applications thread, you'll find:

Quote:Q: Can I have more than one country be a member or observer?
A: Yes, but only one of your member states can vote aye or nay. All of your other member states must abstain in votes.

Edit: I think we could allow two states of one RPer to vote opposite in a way that they cancel each other out.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
[-] The following 3 users Like Jay Coop's post:
  • GI-Land, rosaferri, Tin the Free

Do you have to ratify the charter before you get accepted or after you get majority votes

To become a member, you must pass the Assembly vote on the membership (which you did) and then need to ratify the Charter. Of course this can be done the other way around too, it's just important to know, that a nation isn't a member, if not both is done.
It's normally assumed though, you've ratified the Charter, after you've been accepted as new member through the membership vote.
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)
[-] The following 2 users Like GI-Land's post:
  • Maverick, Qwert