We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Ramadhan at Peonic Manor

The Peony had taken some time reading the koran as winter begin to arrive in Lian. Her tongue and mounth is dry of thirst, and it was hours until breaking the fast. Her intonation wasn't exactly perfect, yet she continued to spell out each verse. The Islamic Council of Huawan has also been unorthodox in inserting a translation of every Koran verified by the council. With her, it's the mandarin and english, and she reads as she reads every verse.

She had no idea where to begin, the region is in a such a dramatic state, and for one, she would need to consolidate her position as a leading figure in The South Pacific. As such, she decided that for once, to open her manor for a ramadhan party to break the fast.

Noting the amount of dignitaries and heads of states that may join the banquet, she has specifically instructed full mobilization of the Peonic Royal Guardians around her manor. Needless to say, this ramadhan banquet shall be nothing but celebration of winning another day against urges.

"Alhamdulilah." She muttered, as she closed her quran. She took off her praying gear, and went to her bath. She's going to receive some guests soon.

OOC: This is a ramadhan party, basically in ramadhan, we usually would break the fast with our family and friends outside the house. In this case, The Peony invites the heads of states or ambassadors of nations to join her in breaking the fast. Although more than a single character may join, I would appreciate if no more than 2 characters be RP-ed, as we RP in the Peony's own manor, which is far from accomodating to large number of guests.

Upon posint gthat you have arrived at her manor, I would greet you and you are formally in the ramadhan party. It'll be a couple of posts until we break the fast and feast together.

Sound good? Let's go!
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains
[-] The following 4 users Like Hammerstar's post:
  • Klô, phoenixofthesun14, Qwert, Tin the Free

Zara Gürdal, ambassador of the Federal Republic of GI-Land in Huawan, was looking into the mirror, her long black hair falling onto her shoulder, the red lipstick shining bright.
She wanted to dress fancy, quite fashionable just for breaking the feast, since it's a special ramadhan feast. She can finally meet the Peony herself in person, so a good first impression is really needed.

Her almost bare self walked to the wardrobe, which she opened with one hand in a swift movement. Her eyes scan the interior for the perfect dress, that shouldn't let her gain too much attention, but still lets the Nuwang think "Oh my, she has got taste". Her hand touches each dress shortly one time. She has a feeling in her gut as soon as it touches the right outfit. Today it chose a dress, that's white on top, but black from the hip downwards. It looks a little like she would wear a top with a long skirt. Hopefully this will impress the host.

"Let's put this on......Alright. Serkan needs to close the zipper on my back, but other than that....Maybe a little hair spray?"

She took the bottle of organic hair spray and styled her hair a little more before someone knocked on the door.

"Come in", she called and Serkan Durgen, the vice-ambassador to the Peocracy of Huawan, entered the room.

"Your sedan is ready, do you need any help before leaving?"

"Yes, could you maybe close the zipper on my back and fetch me my clutch?", she answered.

"No problem, Zara." He walked to her and stood behind her back, closing the dress' zipper, while looking into the mirror in front of them, admiring the beauty of his chief. "You look very good", he praised her, but she answered "I hope, not too good for this event. You know, we did this all too, right? I mean at home, but we never had such important guests or never needed to care about our appearance like tonight...What if I did something wrong?"

"I'm sure, she'll be happy to have you as her guest and will see the effort", Serkan said to calm Zara down. "The car keeps waiting", he said with a flat voice before leaving to go back into his own room. Zara took a deep breath and followed, locking her room and leaving the embassy altogether. A car ride of what felt like 20 minutes later, the sedan arrived in front of the Nuwang's manor. Security opened the car door for Ms. Gürdal and she could just exit the vehicle and admire the architecture for a short time.
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)
[-] The following 5 users Like GI-Land's post:
  • Hammerstar, Klô, phoenixofthesun14, Qwert, Tin the Free

She was on the tarmac waving goodbye to the reporters who were there, she climbed the stairs into the governmental plane, an Aviana AV-10, once again at the top of the stairs, she turned and waived to the cameras, then stepped inside.

Paulina Moussum had been tasked to go and meet the Peony in Huawan. A huge task but she accepted for she had ambition and would one day aspire to a greater position in Anserisa, and she was already number 3 in the government. She took the phone and called the President.

"Hello, I am on board, we are set to arrive in Huawan in about 4 hours once we have the authorization to takeoff, and I just wanted to thank you once again for this opportunity to represent Anserisa."

"Well, I am certain that you are the best person to be sent there, I myself prefer to help our party stay in power, thus I decided to stay here for the campaign and send you instead. You will be a good representative for our nation. I will have sometime later to go myself. I wish you the best."

"Thank you Sir. It is a great honour, I will not disappoint you."

"I think it's pretty impossible, you have been one of the best members of my government and I appreciate you for all the work you have put on our international policy, you are truly the best person for the job."

"Thank you again, Mister President, I have to go now, we are about to takeoff."

"Very well, have a safe trip."

As the plane took off, she took a look outside, seeing the Anserisan islands getting smaller until they were out of sight.

[...]

Paulina stepped out of her hotel room and headed for the elevator accompanied by members of the Republican Guard. They were normally affected to the protection of the President but were provided for this delegation.

"So how are we doing this evening ?" She asked the duo.

"Very good your excellency." Responded the first guard. "Same here." Responded the second guard.

"Oh, stop it with the formalities, I don't want that today, I'll have plenty of people calling me all sorts of formal names today, so let's keep it more informal today."

"Understood Ma'am."

"Well, that's not exactly better." Moussum responded while chuckling a little bit and smiling at both agents.

[...]

Arriving at the Nuwang's manor Moussum was still reading about the history of Huawan that she didn't even realized they already arrived. The door opened.

"Oh, are we already here ? I was lost in my book. Well, I guess I better go out of the vehicle."

She stepped out and started to head inside.
[-] The following 5 users Like Klô's post:
  • GI-Land, Hammerstar, phoenixofthesun14, Qwert, Tin the Free

The red is in Tai
"Your royal highness, We're almost there."
 the royal chauffeur said.

"Thank you for reminding me." she said quietly.

She thought to herself 'finally, I am going to get some attention from father.' 

Talina Trinal, Crown Princess of Holy Free was appointed to be there as the representative of the King. She is wearing a purple dress, the color of female royalty. She walked out of the car, determined to finally get approval from her father. She then stepped inside.
[-] The following 4 users Like Tin the Free's post:
  • GI-Land, Hammerstar, phoenixofthesun14, Qwert

The Chief of FiHami had more or less adapted once again to her mostly-solitary lifestyle, and had been sitting calmly by a lovely bonfire, roasting her catch of the day carefully.

Which is why she rolled her eyes at the Peony's invite, almost tempted to fire the aid who managed to find her abode and dispose of the invite entirely. But, she also recognized the importance of international diplomacy and did consider the Peony a friend, so she ultimately decided against it, opting instead to pretend everything was peachy keen.

I wouldn't have to chat with people much anyways, and I can just stay in the corner. Finix thought to herself.

As soon as was humanly possible, Finix made her way to FiHami's premier hotel, and rented a room for the night.

Don't want to give the impression that I'm living in the jungle.

In the hotel room, Finix quickly hopped into the shower, attenpting to tame the wild, frizzy curls on her head and clean the FiHami jungle off her skin. She hopped out of the shower, slipping into the dress she intended to wear, then grabbed her phone, turning the music up.

She sang her heart out in that hotel room while she waited for her hair to dry, praying that the frizz wouldn't be too bad, until loud stomping from above snapped her back into reality.

"HA'FINIX HOLD ME BACK NOW IF YOU KEEP ON SINGING OR SCREAMING OR WHATEVER WE'RE TRYING TO SLEEP!"

A few seconds of surprise gave way to attempting to stifle her own laughter, as she checked to see how her hair dried out. When she decided she was satisfied with her appearance, she carefully took off the dress and slipped into some more comfortable clothes for sleeping, and before she knew it, it was the morning. She shot a text to her personal driver as soon as she woke up, quickly changing into the clothes she intended to wear. A quick look at the sunrise was all she needed to motivate herself to step on the balcony facing the lush FiHami rainforest, snapping a picture and posting it to her Stream account, with a short, inspiring caption.

Watch the next HHTP post be something about me being one of those social media teens...

The thought made the Chief laugh, scrolling through her other posts before the realization dawned on her.

Oh Ha'Finix I AM one of those social media teens...

The driver texted her when he was just outside of the hotel, so Finix went down and gave the attending clerk a giant stack of flamethrowers, then rushed outside to meet her driver.

The car ride was fairly quiet, as she plugged in her headphones and scrolled through social media until she felt the car stop.

"Thank you, sir!" Finix smiled, dumping another stack of flamethrowers into the cab driver's hand, and ran off to catch the private jet.

A few hours later...

The jet touched down in the foreign land, and all Finix could do was stare in awe at the change of scenery. The ride to the Peony's home was a blur as Finix was too busy snapping hundreds of photos of everything like an overenthusiastic tourist, until she realized the car came to a stop, right in front of the Peony's manor.

How does someone stand to live in something like that...

A last quick check to make sure Finix had all her belongings, and she stepped out of the car, smoothing down the black and orange dress she wore, and awkwardly made her way away from the car, being extra careful not to embarrass herself on behalf of all FiHami.
Fire Fire Fire Empress of Fire  Fire Fire Fire
Current Minister of Military Affairs
Chair Perch of the Assembly (February to June 2020)
SPSF Soldier
MoRA Fellow
Ambassador to Forest and Lazarus
[-] The following 4 users Like phoenixofthesun14's post:
  • GI-Land, Klô, Qwert, Tin the Free

Hevv Tossherr took his glasses off and puttered his eyebrows, staring at the almost empty fruit basket in the far corner of his office before realising that he was. The recent developments in Transsuneria were worrying, but of course of no immediate concern to him as Sedunnic ambassador to Huawan, except for the king cancelling his attendance to the breaking of the fast. Palmann would of course not attend either.

He closed his laptop, picked up his phone and called his secretary, instructing him to contact the Peonic Manor and tell them he would attend instead. He decided to change shirts and remembered the gentle advice from his wife to brush his teeth an extra time to avoid bad breath.

A couple of hours later one of the embassy cars drove up beneath the office, leaving the engine idle while waiting for the ambassador and his wife.
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

[-] The following 2 users Like Qwert's post:
  • GI-Land, Tin the Free