We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DRAFT]Assembly Resolution on the Osiris-Lazarus War

Quote:
Assembly Resolution on the Osiris-Lazarus War

The Assembly of The Coalition of The South Pacific, cognizant of the Osiran Fraternal Order's August 28th Declaration of War against the Peoples Republic of Lazarus, hereby resolves that the actions of the Peoples Republic, in particular those of General Aperi of the Lazarene Liberation Army, meet the criteria of hostile activity under Article Four, Section Four of the Treaty of Friendship and Cooperation between The South Pacific and Lazarus and as such proclaims strict neutrality in this conflict.

Short and simple.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

That works, thanks Bel Smile

I don't think General Aperi's actions are anything we haven't seen before - if we were to consider General Aperi's actions, "hostile", Venico's similar comments towards TSP should be considered "hostile", which means we should be initiating Article 9 against Osiris and BoM, since "hostility" is also the criteria for Article 9. *

Ultimately, these kind of knee jerk reactions are what cause TSP to look rash on the diplomatic sphere.

There's nothing wrong with TSP providing defense to Lazarus. Many of the neutral forces like TEP, are pledging to defend Lazarus against hostile attacks.

*And yes, Article 9 was and still is a mess.

Yeah, I disagree with this entirely. Lazarus was no threat to Osiris. People need to learn to take a joke. You didn't see us declaring war on Osiris over Venico's joke, and the tensions (and security concerns) in TSP were far greater at that time. Rhetoric does not equal hostility under any reasonable consideration of the term.

What happened? Excuse my ignorance.

Also, I think it is very important that we stay out of this by any means possible. Get involved in an inter-GCR war is the opposite of what we should strive to do.

(09-01-2014, 03:00 PM)southern bellz Wrote: What happened? Excuse my ignorance.

Aperi made this joke in poor taste during a dick-measuring contest with Cormac about whether Osiris or Lazarus was more active than the other.

Apparently, Aperi has also made other anti-imperialist comments (since he/she is anti-imperialist). Cormac also alleges that Aperi was the intellectual mastermind behind the anti-imperialist purge in Lazarus a while ago, because they wrote a lot of propaganda. I don't know much about that.

Add in Osiris being imperialist, and Cormac... well, being easily riled up as he normally is... and you've got a war. Milograd's coup is added into the recipe, too, for good measure.

And, of course, invective over Lazarus' communist theme. Osiris is playing the bit of Ronald Reagan, fighting for democracy in a communist tyranny.

Regarding Venico, he made a similar joke in poor taste following the UIAF's unilateral dissolution of our treaty with them.

Also, I agree that TSP should not get involved directly in a GCR war, especially since our entire FA platform right now is GCR security. "Not getting involved" doesn't mean abandoning Lazarus and blaming them for causing hostilities, though. They are our ally and Osiris is not.

I honestly do not believe that the actions of Karpathos were a hostile act. I agree that it was incredibly irresponsible on his part, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Lazarus committed a hostile act against Osiris. Personally I would be fine with supporting the delegacy of Lazarus if we saw it in grave danger, provided that we make it clear how we favour negotiations and a peaceful solution to this conflict.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

(09-01-2014, 03:00 PM)southern bellz Wrote: What happened? Excuse my ignorance.

Osiris and Lazarus have been in a general pissing match for months, and each are equally guilty of antagonizing the other. It's essentially a dick measuring contest and not something we want to get involved with.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

If we were to defend Lazarus we would have no choice but to get involved with the war. I do think we should help Lazarus but Osiris will not take this lightly.

But there are two reasons to help Lazarus and get involved in the war. 1: Lazarus is our ally we can not leave it alone and let it fall into the hands of doom. 2:Osiris is has been prodding us with a stick for far too long. I mean Cormac is trying to get OUR MOFA removed he is not even a resident of TSP so how the hell he is a citizen is beyond me.

Osiris and Balder have joint armies with the two of them Lazarus will stand no chance. Though we must help Lazarus if we send troops there we will be dragged into the war.

It is unavoidable and soon we will be forced into that war and I can see it becoming very big. So we must ask our self are we going to join the war now and help our friend or are we going to turn a blind eye upon our friend and see thousands of nations placed under a dictatorship and wait until we are forced into the war ?

We must help our friend but it will come at a cost and it is up to you to decide what we do.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice