We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

July 2021 Speaker of the Assembly Election

Dear ambassadors,

my term as Speaker of this organisation is coming to an end. The World Forum had to deal mainly with the Izaakian situation in La Montagne and Brödmark. A situation, which was forwarded to the International Court. Sooner or later it will make its historical first ruling. This will not happen during my aegis anymore though, albeit me still continuing to serve as the ambassador of the Gianlucian nation until at least the next speakership election or until our new parliament, which will be elected in September, decides to replace me with someone new. I found everyone, whether we looked at matters eye-to-eye or diametrically opposed to each other, very cooperative and no one actually aimed at hurting this house's image. For that I'm grateful and thank everyone here for working together on a brighter future.

1) Today, a new round of elections for the speakership starts. According to Res. 1, there will be a nomination period first, which is open for the next seven days (until 20 July 2021, 21:00 h CEST), in which any member can nominate any nation except for themselves for the position of Speaker of the Assembly. Until a new Speaker is elected, I will continue serving as the acting Speaker. 

2) According to Resolution 1a each member and observer of the WF may decide, in which committees they want to participate. More information on what committees are existing you can find here. As a host country you are automatically placed in the committee you're hosting. In future speakership elections nations may not only decide, in which committees to join, but also which they would like to leave. A nation can be in as many committees as they prefer.
The "committee-application" process will take place during nomination week. Later the officers of each committee will get elected too.
Nations, who do not apply for committees in that week can't take part in the upcoming officer-elections and are barred from applying for committees until after the entire speakership elections are over.

3) According to Resolution 1b each member nation may appoint a justice to the IC, which needs approval by the Assembly. This approval can only be given during the speakership elections and needs to get refreshed every year (you can see the exact wording here). During the week of nominations you may also nominate your justice and give background information on them, so the Assembly is able to vote on them.
Nations, who do not appoint a justice now, will have to wait until the next speaker-elections to do so!

During this election, following judges have to receive approval again or a replacement candidate needs to be nominated by the nation:
Anserisa, Frost Empire, GI-Land, North Prarie, Ryccia, Sedunn, Termina

4) Currently there are two WF-organisations, you can participate in: the IACO and the PNA.
If you have not expressed yet during a prior speakership election, whether you want to participate in either organisation or if you have changed your opinion over time, please tell the Assembly, whether your nation will participate in IACO, the PNA, both or neither.

Please refer to the corresponding numbers to facilitate the election process when presenting your nominations and applications.

1) Nations nominated for the speakership position.
2) Committees in which your nation shall participate.
3) Justices to be elected to the IC.
4) Is your nation participating in the IACO and/or PNA.

I wish every nominee best of luck in the upcoming election.

Helene Meise
Speaker of the Assembly
Ambassador of the Federal Republic of GI-Land
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)
[-] The following 1 user Likes GI-Land's post:
  • Qwert

Anserisa

1) Anserisa would like to nominate the nations of Besern and Huawan to the position of Speaker of the Assembly.

2) Anserisa will also be continuing its missions to the following committees:

Committee for Climate and Environment
Committee for Economy
Committee for Science and Education

3) Anserisa will not seek reapproval for its judge.

4) Anserisa will not be part in the ICAO for the moment.

Kosbareland

1) Kosbareland would like to nominate the nations of the Frost Empire and Izaakia to the position of Speaker of the Assembly.

2) Kosbareland will also be continuing its missions to the following committees:

Committee for Health
Committee for Economy

3) Kosbareland will not be presenting a judge at this moment.

4) Kosbareland will not be part in the ICAO for the moment.

Mauquibie

1) Mauquibie would like to nominate the nation of Ikoania to the position of Speaker of the Assembly.

2) Mauquibie will also be continuing its missions to the following committees:

Committee for International Law
Committee for Economy

3) Mauquibie will not be presenting a judge at this moment.

4) Mauquibie will be part in the ICAO.

United States of Izaakia
1) Izaakia would also like to nominate Proktethia for speaker of the assembly. 

2) Izaakia would like to continue membership of
- Committee for Climate and Environment
- Committee for Economy
- Committee for Health
- Committee for International Law
- Committee for Science and Education

3) Izaakia would like to carry on its full term as a Judge.

4) Izaakia will not be part of IACO or PNA.
Gianni: “Izaakia, I hate you so much. You’re such a good bad guy. Must be because of your genes“.
Gianni, 21:42 14 Dec 2020, # Pacifica Discussion

Arnchow is not a member of the World Forum and thus not eligible to be nominated to the position of Speaker of the Assembly.
Instead you may answer on whether you accept your nomination by Kosbareland.

GI-Land

1) GI-Land seconds the nomination of the Frost Empire to the position of Speaker of the Assembly.

2) GI-Land would like to continue its committee memberships in the Committees for Climate and Environment, Economy, International Law and Science and Education.

3) GI-Land seeks for reapproval of its judge at the IC, Risa Terry. (OOC: For information on her, please refer to the July 2020 election thread)

4) GI-Land is a member of IACO and the PNA.

Helene Meise
Speaker of the Assembly

Snolland

1) Snolland seconds the nominations of Ikoania and Izaakia to the position of Speaker of the Assembly.

2) Snolland would like to continue its membership in the Committees for Economy, Health and International Law.

3) Snolland's judge does not require reapproval during this election.

4) Snolland is a member of IACO and the PNA.

Sabin Horrarr
Ambassador of the Republic of Snolland
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

The Empire accepts the nomination for WF speaker.

2)  The Empire will continue its membership in Committee for International Law, Climate and Environment, Economy, Health, Science and Education)

3) The Empire will move to have Justice Chisaki Amuro reapproved at the IC

4) No changes (The Empire disapproves of the IACO) and will not join the PNA.

5) The Empire declines to ratify the TPNW at this time.
Just call me Frost

Roleplayer,
Former member of the Pool of Justices

King of the Hill
[-] The following 2 users Like Imperial Frost Federation's post:
  • GI-Land, Klô

Izaakia accepts the nomination for WF speaker
Gianni: “Izaakia, I hate you so much. You’re such a good bad guy. Must be because of your genes“.
Gianni, 21:42 14 Dec 2020, # Pacifica Discussion
[-] The following 2 users Like Izaakia's post:
  • Imperial Frost Federation, Klô

Sedunn

1) Sedunn nominates Anserisa and seconds the nomination of the Frost Empire.
2) All, no change.
3) Same.
4) No change.

Transsuneria

4) No change.
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

Anserisa is grateful for the consideration but must respectfully decline the nomination made by Sedunn.

Besern

1) The Besernian ambassador on behalf of her respective delegation would like to nominate the ambassador of Huawan and Izaakia for speakership of the Assembly. In addition, the ambassador accepts all nominations for speakership directed to Besern.

2) The Besernian delegation are members of no organizations within the World Forum but have expressed interest in:
  • Committee for International Law
  • Committee for Climate and Environment
  • Committee for Science and Education
  • Committee for Economy
  • Committee for Health
3) The Besernian delegation would like to nominate Reto Meier for Justice in the International Court.

4) The Besernian delegation on behalf of the Besernian government have expressed interest in joining the IACO, however will currently not join the PNA or sign the TPNW.
[Image: UFog2ZY.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Besern's post:
  • Imperial Frost Federation, Izaakia

The Besernian nominations as well as its acception of the nomination for speakership cannot be counted, because they were each submitted too late to the process.
The Committee membership is noted and Besern is eligible to vote for an Officer in each Committee too.
The nomination of the justice to the IC has been accepted this time around, because Anserisa's judge will leave the roster of the IC and we'd like to keep the number of judges somewhat consistent, if not increase the number of judges at the Court. However please be reminded, that normally that nomination was submitted too late also and thus would usually not be processed.

The second phase of the elections is starting now.

1) Two nations have accepted their nomination for the speakership. Each member of this Assembly is now entitled to one vote on who should become the speaker or whether we shall re-open nominations. Please rank any or all of the following options to cast your vote:

- Frost Empire (Frost)
- United States of Izaakia (USI/Izaakia)
- Re-Open Nominations (RON)

The option receiving a majority according to the instant runoff-voting process in accordance to Res. 1, Sec. B will be recognized as the new Speaker of the Assembly. They will assume office from the moment the voting is over and the official results are proclaimed.

2) Now that we all know, which members are part of which Committee, it is time to vote on the Committees' Officers.
Again, please rank any or all nations in each Committee you are a member in, so that we can determine who becomes the Officer in each Committee through instant-runoff voting.

Committee for Climate and Environment (CLE)
Anserisa, Besern, Frost Empire, GI-Land, Holy Free, Huawan, Izaakia, Ryccia, Sedunn, Termina

Committee for Economy (ECO)
Anserisa, Besern, Frost Empire, GI-Land, Huawan, Ikoania, Izaakia, Kosbareland, Mauquibie, Ryccia, Sedunn, Snolland, Termina, Valkyria

Committee for Health (HEA)
Besern, Frost Empire, Huawan, Izaakia, Kosbareland, Ryccia, Sedunn, Snolland, Termina

Committee for International Law (INL)
Besern, Frost Empire, GI-Land, Huawan, Ikoania, Izaakia, Mauquibie, Ryccia, Sedunn, Snolland, Termina

Committee for Science and Education (SCE)
Anserisa, Besern, Frost Empire, GI-Land, Holy Free, Huawan, Izaakia, Kosbareland, Mauquibie, Ryccia, Sedunn, Termina

3) The Assembly has to approve (or disapprove) the judges for the IC suggested to the WF by its members. You may approve all, any or none of them.
Please use the following wording for your vote:

- I approve all nominated judges
- I approve none of the nominated judges
- I approve the following judges: [Name all countries of which you approve the judges]

4) A decision regarding a membership in IACO or in the PNA (which equals a ratification of the TPNW) continues to be possible until the end of this election. If you haven't already, you can still decide, whether you are in favour or against participating in either organisation.

You can use this code to make vote counting easier:

Code:
[b]Vote for the Speaker of the Assembly[/b]
[i]Please rank Frost Empire, Izaakia and RON[/i]

[b]Vote for the Officers[/b]

CLE:

ECO:

HEA:

INL:

SCE:

[b]Vote for the judges of the IC:[/b]
[i]Following nations have presented a judge to the Assembly: Besern, Frost Empire, GI-Land, Ryccia, Sedunn, Termina[/i]

[  ] I approve all of them
[  ] I approve none of them
[  ] I approve the following judges: [INSERT NAMES OF THE NATIONS WHOSE JUDGES YOU APPROVE OF]

[b]IACO[/b]
[i]Only if you have not expressed your standpoint on IACO yet.[/i]

[  ] I will participate in IACO
[  ] I will not participate in IACO

[b]PNA and Treaty on the prohibition of nuclear weapons[/b]
[i]Only if you have not expressed your standpoint on the matter yet.[/i]

[  ] I will sign and ratify the Treaty on the prohibition of nuclear weapons and participate in the PNA
[  ] I will not sign and ratify the Treaty on the prohibition of nuclear weapons and participate in the PNA

I would like to express my sincerest thanks to Justice Hormisdaso Mortium from Anserisa for his work at the International Court in the past year. I know, your judge will still work hard on the Izaakian case, but I still hope, you will come back as a permanent judge soon again.

Now on for the voting, you have time until 28 July 2021, 23:00 h CEST.

Helene Meise
Speaker of the Assembly
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Aurora Markatt (Maura)