We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Accession of Milkyway

Members of the Assembly, we have received an application of membership from the Glorious Empire of the Milkyway Republic, and I would like to bring this to a vote.

Article III, Section A, Paragraph 2 states that to become a member of the WF, an applicant requires a two-thirds majority in a vote on their accession by members of the assembly. 

The period of voting will end on Sunday 22 Aug 2021 at 20:00 GMT. You may vote for or against the accession or you may abstain. 

Speaker Noor Aqaba
Speaker of the World Forum Assembly 

Quote:Full name of state: The Glorious Empire of The Milkyway Republic
Two-letter country code: MR
Three-letter country code: TMR
Head of state: Mason Max Ramsay
Head of government: Mason Max Ramsay
Potential World Forum representative: Jacqueline Edwards 
Proposed status of state in World Forum: Member
Gianni: “Izaakia, I hate you so much. You’re such a good bad guy. Must be because of your genes“.
Gianni, 21:42 14 Dec 2020, # Pacifica Discussion

Aye.

Tavtid Lekmienn
Ambassador to the World Forum
Kingdom of Sedunn
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

The Frost Empire votes Aye
Just call me Frost

Roleplayer,
Former member of the Pool of Justices

King of the Hill

The Besernian ambassador shows confusion as the Milkyway Republic was established following the entity change and eventual dissolution of a corporation of the same name. Therefore, the Milkyway Republic is technically a corporation with country-sized land.

We believe that the World Forum is a convention of nations, not corporations, to debate in international law and order and to preserve the dignity of humanity. However, taking into account that the Milkyway Republic is nonetheless sovereign, we argue it will be more appropriate to be an observer as it still has a population, who also deserve to be represented in the world stage. However, we argue that this factor is not a reasonable counterweight to the fact that corporations, even if they are sovereign, should not have the ability to possibly manipulate international law in their favour.

Henceforth, on behalf of the Besernian delegation, we vote Nay.

On behalf of Celetol Ethelineda
Ambassador of the Besernian delegation, World Forum
Federal Republic of Besern
[Image: UFog2ZY.png]

Techganet votes Aye.
Smile

Considering the point of the delegate from Besern, GI-Land will Abstain.
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

New Itomorii votes Abstain

Anserisa abstains

Sedunn would like to ask the Speaker to cancel this vote so that any uncertainties regarding the applicant's sovereignty and government can be investigated.

Sedunn changes its vote to Nay in the mean time.

Tavtid Lekmienn
Ambassador to the World Forum
Kingdom of Sedunn
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

The Frost Empire withdraws it’s vote in light of the sound arguments by the Besernian delegate and also seconds the Sedunnic request to cancel the vote.
Just call me Frost

Roleplayer,
Former member of the Pool of Justices

King of the Hill