We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DISCUSSION] Organisation of Treasure Island

Hi guys!

I would have to have a discussion with our roleplay community about the organisation of the Treasure Island forum, and how we can make it work better for our current roleplaying needs. It seems like most posts are in Bantam Harbour, and occasionally in the Bureau of Cartography. Neither Market Street nor Port Royal have any activity, so I think some reorganisation might be in order.

I am particularly interested in knowing what you guys think would work better. Here are some things to consider:
  • I see there is a lot of interest in national newspapers and crisis roleplays (conflicts, rescue missions, etc).
  • I would also lose to encourage the strengthening of existing international organisations, like the SCO, the IPSA and the SSU, so that we can have actual interactions and roleplays between them.
  • We also have some embassy threads here and there, and it would be interesting to develop that more, and maybe show how ambassadors work and interact with the host countries.
So please feel free to make suggestions and comments about the organisation of Treasure Island. If maybe we should make it all about Bantam Harbour, or if the inactive areas (Market Street, Port Royal) should be promoted more, I welcome suggestions on how to do that. The idea here is to have a forum that responds to how we all want to do our roleplaying.

Thoughts?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Promote Market Street!

Anyone...?
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Considering I'd never heard of Market Street and Port Royal, I'd say they could use a bit more promotion.

Either that or terminate them.
Darkstrait  :ninja:

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

"Hats is very fashion this year."

*Holds banner*. Promote Market Street! My restaurant is going bust!
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

I'd rather see us try to save them before getting rid of them.

I mean, the thing here is that saying "promote this" or "promote that" is easy. The difficult part is actually doing the promotion, and having people respond and turn Port Royal and Market Street into active sections of the forum. If we want to keep these areas, then I suggest promotion by the whole roleplaying community, not only from MoRA. People already see plenty of government ads, but seeing users themselves talk about this or that section can be different.

Also, I still would like to ask if Treasure Island needs a reorganization, or Bantam Harbour at least. Even if we keep those two areas, does the forum work? Or do we need to rearrange or create other sections?

Legal Resources:

Maybe try renaming a few things and moving a few things around and then run a big story about it in the SJ. Then at the same time get a few of us to make and remain active in a few new topics and see what happens.

Promoting Market Street more could be a great idea.

"Find a way or make one."

Better known as Bon.