We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Discussion: Composition of the TSP System

This is something I've wanted to establish for a while now. We have our TSP planet, but we have yet to establish any of its surroundings. There are countless potential ideas for the solar system, so almost any options can be considered. There are a few rules I'd like to request a few rules regarding proposed planets:
  1. No private planets. No exceptions.
  2. No two planets may share the same orbit.
  3. For RP purposes and some scientific issues, only one planet (TSP) should be in the habitable zone.
  4. All planets should be scientifically plausible.
  5. No aliens.
I'd like to start off with a few suggestions: (with a few sample images)

The Sun
I'd suggest we keep this a G2 class star, like the sun, of similar size and mass due to a long list of factors.

A hot gas giant
[Image: qHZt9MI.png]
As part of our "warm zone", I'd like to suggest a hot gas giant. Structurally it's like any other gas giant, just a lot warmer. Some of its larger moons could be safe for an unmanned spacecraft to land on.

TSP's moon(s)
For TSP I'd like to propose a bit of fun. A large moon, similar to ours but maybe a bit smaller, and a smaller moon that orbits further out. (For those who have played Kerbal Space Program, something like Kerbin's moons.)

Alternatively we could do a conventional Earth-moon type system.

TSP Mars
[Image: 4z0mCeA.png]
After TSP could be a planet similar to Mars. A rocky planet smaller than ours with a thinner atmosphere orbiting at the outer edge of the habitable zone, only probably not red. This can be one of the main interplanetary targets.

Asteroid Belt
In another familiar moment I'm suggesting an asteroid belt beyond this Mars-like planet could be an asteroid belt, perhaps with a dwarf planet or two nearby.

Outer Planets
[Image: CXK7Wyl.png]
[Image: wG7liPf.png]
For the outer system I'd like to have at least one gas/ice giant and rocky planet of varying sizes and compositions.

It might be interesting to have a planet of a type like that of Titan or Europa, which are intriguing for their unique properties that could theoretically sustain alien life.

Will this destroy Taion?

I oppose this. You know why...
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

I should remind you that these are in no way any sort of final drafts, these are just several proposed bodies with concept imagees and I'd definitely like to see more.

I like your ideas, Farengeto. In addition to your suggestions: an asteroid orbiting the sun closely (closer than our Mercury) and maybe a rocky planet with planetary rings, quite close to the asteroid belt.
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

Toss in an oddball or two, just for good measure.
Perhaps, to placate Ryccia, the Titanesque planet could be named Taion...?
Although they would not be able to have a colony set up there.
Darkstrait  :ninja:

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

"Hats is very fashion this year."

Yishevyu, my nation here, is a colony of Vekaiyu, which is on a different planet. I've kind of been treating it as a sort of wormhole / bermuda triangle / stargate thing where there's some kind of a means to transport between the two either out somewhere in the ocean or whatever. I haven't given this a whole lot of thought, because this was more or less not an issue before TEP made Urth and we're making planets too, but is that alright? I don't want to wank or anything, but I would like to keep my two nations connected.

(03-22-2015, 11:58 AM)Darkstrait Wrote: Perhaps, to placate Ryccia, the Titanesque planet could be named Taion...?
Although they would not be able to have a colony set up there.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.
RandomGuy199
Representative of the Federal Republic of Karnetvor
Resident Venezuelan/Lampshade Bar & Grill Manager- The South Pacific
Soldier, South Pacific Special Forces

"You're talkin' to the Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin', wheelin' n' dealin', limousine ridin', jet flyin', son of a gun, and I'm having a hard time keeping these alligators down!"

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair

(03-24-2015, 10:55 PM)Todd McCloud Wrote: Yishevyu, my nation here, is a colony of Vekaiyu, which is on a different planet. I've kind of been treating it as a sort of wormhole / bermuda triangle / stargate thing where there's some kind of a means to transport between the two either out somewhere in the ocean or whatever. I haven't given this a whole lot of thought, because this was more or less not an issue before TEP made Urth and we're making planets too, but is that alright? I don't want to wank or anything, but I would like to keep my two nations connected.

Sounds like a fun place to visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we revive this discussion? I feel that it would be good, especially for space roleplays.
Darkstrait  :ninja:

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

"Hats is very fashion this year."